WnSoft Forums

Better Placement of 'Arrange All Points'

Greetings,

Last year around June, Lin was very helpful in providing the following explanation concerning 'Timeline / Timed Points / Arrange All Points':

"If you want to see the slides equally spread on the waveform do not use "auto spread slides along music" feature - leave it unchecked (in fact it may now be obsolete and due for possible future removal). Instead, go to the timeline (from the main menu) and click on the "timed points tab" then click on "arrange all points". This will automatically do what the old "auto spread slides along music" feature did.

If you want the music play in synchronization with your currently selected slide, then go to Projects Options Main Tab and put a check beside "synchronize music and slides" and the music will then play in its proper synchronization with "start preview from the current slide". If this block is not checked, music will play from the beginning regardless of which slide you may be on when you click on "start preview from the current slide" icon."

It was good for Lin to provide this clarity on these menu items. Recently there were posting on the fear of making PTE too complex for beginners or average users...like me. After recently making a new slideshow, a problem that I keep having with the 'Arrange All Points' came up again. And I think my following suggestion will help make it less complicated for new and average users.

I can not understand why the 'Arrange All Points' has to be only in the Timeline menu. Most 'average' users would probably not use the Timeline menu, except maybe to look at the Waveform. When I first started out (and still do), I just wanted the images to be equally spread across the music as the old 'Auto Spread Slides Along Music' did in one click. I keep forgetting that I have to go through the Timeline to get to the 'Arrange All Points' to have the images spread across the music. New users, I would presume, would have a difficult time figuring this out.

To help clarify this confusion, I would like to suggest that 'Arrange All Points' also be placed in the 'Project Option's' Main tab right next to the 'Synchronize Music and Slides' and 'Auto Spread Slides Along Music' choices. Please let me know if I am missing anything here. I think this would help to more easily make 'normal' (not too technical) slideshows.

Sincerely, Gary