WnSoft Forums

Request for assistance

fh1805

I am making this post to ask for some help from some of you.

I am trying to get to grips with some of the factors that do or might influence the quality of a played back sequence that has been prepared in PTE and burned to DVD using Video-Builder.

I have prepared four very simple test sequences to begin my exploration. I would welcome feedback from any who are willing to take the time to assist in this learning experience.

The attached file contains everything you will need, including a ReadMe file whose contents are:

"Four PTE project files all built at 4:3 aspect ratio

- DVD-Video-Test1 is built with images at 1024x768 and with the Project Options...Screen setting of Fullscreen

- DVD-Video-Test2 is built with images at 1024x768 and with the Project Options...Screen settings of "Windowed mode", sized at 720x540 and no borders

- DVD-Video-Test3 is built with images at 720x540 and with the Project Options...Screen settings of "Windowed mode", sized at 720x540 and no borders

- DVD-Video-Test4 is built with images at 720x540 and with the Project Options...Screen setting of Fullscreen

Four image files:

- a Black Slide at 1024x768 pixels

- a Black Slide at 720x540 pixels

- a Background image at 1024x768 pixels

- a Background image at 720x540 pixels

If you are willing to help me improve my understanding in this area, in preparation for an FAQ or two, I would like you to do the following:

- extract all the files in the zip into a folder

- use PTE's Video-Builder component (even if, like me, all you have is the trial version of Video-Builder) to burn all four projects to a DVD

- play that DVD back through your DVD-player and TV combination

I am interested in your opinion as to whether any of the sequences looked particularly sharper than any of the others or particularly softer than any of the others.I would also welcome your thoughts on which zoom level for the text would seem to be the smallest level acceptable for easy reading (e.g. on an image that might stay on screen only for four or five seconds)

Thanking you in anticipation,"

If you do decide to help out, please report back via a post to this thread or via an e-mail directly to me. Note that all four sequences were burned at 4:3 aspect ratio on the DVD. By all means watch them at all the different aspect ratios your DVD-TV combination supports.

DVD_Video_Test.zip

regards,

Peter