• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi All

The H2 saga rolls on, Q has anyone used an H2/H4 as a recording interface between the H2/H4 and the computer into audacity??? I have to record our Church Choir & want to be able to see the recording levels. If I can get the signal to Audacity I can see what is being recorded. Trying to check the levels on the H2/H4 screen would be a bit hit and miss. The manual gives a USB interface example for direct recording, but I seem to remember seeing audacity will not record a USB signal???

If I use the H2 via the mike input jack on the laptop and the headphone jack on the H2, will anything go Phizzzzz???

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1
Hi Eric,

I have mentioned here many times that I record to both Audacity and Audition via an EDIROL optical to USB interface.

So Audacity will record from a USB source.

DaveG

Hi Dave

Tested the H2 through the USB connection to Audacity & all I had to change was the sound source in Audacity & it worked fine. The volume was low compared to direct recording on the card in the H2, but background noise was reduced. Boosted the recording in Audacity & it's fine, this is a super free programme.

Regards Eric ;)

Guest Yachtsman1
Hi Dave

Tested the H2 through the USB connection to Audacity & all I had to change was the sound source in Audacity & it worked fine. The volume was low compared to direct recording on the card in the Hm2, but background noise was reduced. Boosted the recording in Audacity & it's fine, this is a super free programme.

Regards Eric ;)

Latest episode in the quest for audio perfection.

The stick mike suggested by Tom arrived from Ebay cost £2.98 inc' postage. I connected it directly into the phono socket on the l/top, made a test recording, had to boost the volume via Audacity, but it performed to the best of it's ability. Then connected the imic through the USB socket and repeated the test, loud background hum this time. moved the mike away from the l/top background hum still present but reduced. Removed imic and did one last test, hum gone, conclusion faulty or incompatable imic. Solution, send it back from whence it came, (Amazon seller musiconmypc). The test audio is to be found at http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8ad1243...2855aa41911935a Promise no singing this time, & only 2mb.

Yachtsman1