WnSoft Forums

Controlling sound in menu

uuderzo

Hello.

Finally I got it! A main menu and a number of sub slideshows launched as external exes.

I think that PTE made the miracle... I never tought I were able to reach my timeline!

Only a question about sound.

The main menu is a single slide with a duration of 120 seconds.

During the slide a background map slowly scrolls under the menu choices.

I wish now to put a subtle background music on the menu but I got this trouble:

when I click on a menu choice the external exe is lauched but the menu music

isn't stopped. So it happens that I get a music overlap with the newly launched exe.

Is there a way to fix this? If not i'll keep the menu without sound, but it's a pity.

Thanks all! Umberto

Hi Umberto,

I cannot think of a good way to do what you want. As far as your computer is concerned the menu sequence and the sequence which you start from it are simply two unrelated tasks.

The only solution I can think of would be to build a Play and a Pause button into your menu sequence and use those to control the sound manually. It wouldn't be a neat and tidy solution but it would work.

regards,

Peter

Hi Umberto,

The way I would approach this is to end the menu with execution of each show called then call the menu back at the last slide of each menu choice executable. One of your choices on the Advanced Tab of Project Options is to "run application after last slide". So call the menu executable back with this feature. This way your sound will stop and begin once again each time the menu is exited and re-opened.

Best regards,

Lin

Mmmmh... this is another way to look at the problem.

Quite interesting. I'll give it a try!

Thanks Lin.

Hi Umberto,

The way I would approach this is to end the menu with execution of each show called then call the menu back at the last slide of each menu choice executable. One of your choices on the Advanced Tab of Project Options is to "run application after last slide". So call the menu executable back with this feature. This way your sound will stop and begin once again each time the menu is exited and re-opened.

Still about stopping sound when another exe is launched.

Since PTE stops animation when the PTE window loses focus (i tried with

a windowed presentation), why not stopping also sound?

Maybe as an option. It shouldn't be hard to implement, I suppose.

Bye! Umberto