WnSoft Forums

Peru trojan?

isabel95

Was setting up my new Vista machine and transferring PTE to it when I got a popup telling me the file was infected with the "Peru trojan". Has anyone else had this experience?

Isabel

Isabel,

When you say "transferring PTE to it" what exactly do you mean:

- a PTE created exe of a slide show?

- the PTE zip file that was downloaded from WnSoft

- something else?

What media are you using to do the transfer?

- CD?

- DVD?

- USB memory device?

- File sharing on networked PCs?

Have you completed the install and updating of your anti-virus software on the Vista machine? Have you re-booted the Vista machine since doing that?

I would recommend that you ensure that you have got both Windows Vista and your anti-virus/Internet security software fully installed and updated before you try and load any application software. That's what I did when I got my new PC about 18 months ago. On day one I installed the operating system and Norton Internet Security and then left it hooked up on the broadband link overnight to pull down any "automatic updates" that it wanted to. First thing on day two, I installed these, rebooted and then set about adding the application software.

I transferred my PTE zip file from a Windows XP laptop and had no problem. I now regularly transfer the PTE download zip each time I take an new release level of PTE. Again, I have no problems.

regards,

Peter

Hi Isabel,

In the past people have had issues with some anti-virus software such as AVG and I believe one iteration of Kaspersky reporting false positives on PTE executables. In both cases this was reported to the developers and corrected. In the case of AVG it again cropped up and again was solved. It also has happened with AVG with other software so by chance are you using AVG?

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I was just transferring the contents of my Photo Applications folder in my old machine to the new machine.

I've deleted the file that got the virus warning.

I will reinstall the latest version of PTE (I suspect the file was a PTE install file I had parked there) and just add my registration code to that.

Isabel

Isabel,

When you say "transferring PTE to it" what exactly do you mean:

- a PTE created exe of a slide show?

- the PTE zip file that was downloaded from WnSoft

- something else?

What media are you using to do the transfer?

- CD?

- DVD?

- USB memory device?

- File sharing on networked PCs?

Have you completed the install and updating of your anti-virus software on the Vista machine? Have you re-booted the Vista machine since doing that?

I would recommend that you ensure that you have got both Windows Vista and your anti-virus/Internet security software fully installed and updated before you try and load any application software. That's what I did when I got my new PC about 18 months ago. On day one I installed the operating system and Norton Internet Security and then left it hooked up on the broadband link overnight to pull down any "automatic updates" that it wanted to. First thing on day two, I installed these, rebooted and then set about adding the application software.

I transferred my PTE zip file from a Windows XP laptop and had no problem. I now regularly transfer the PTE download zip each time I take an new release level of PTE. Again, I have no problems.

regards,

Peter