WnSoft Forums

Error message

Ian Smith

When I start up PicturesToExe an error message comes up saying - " music not found" plus the name of the track. In this case it is a track that I have used in one of the slideshowa I have done. Once I have clicked the OK the programme opens and everything seems to function. However it pops up again when I want to preview a show and I then can't continue any further. Any suggestions on how to get rid of this annoying thing.

Ian

Ian,

At some point in time you have done one of the following:

- renamed this music file

- deleted this music file

- moved this music file to a different folder location

PTE does not take a copy of the image files and music files into its project file (the .pte file that you open into PTE). It simply makes a note of where they are located. So, if you change the name or location of a file, PTE can no longer find it where you said it was.

You will need to track down the missing file on your system and put a copy of it back where PTE is looking for it.

This kind of problem can be overcome by some simple "folder discipline". When you first set out to make a sequence, create a folder for each sequence (e.g. MySequence#1, MySequence#2, and so on). Place all the image files and all the sound files for that sequence in that folder. If you want to use the same image or the same music in two sequences, place a copy of the image or music in both of the folders. In this way, you will never lose track of any of the elements of any of your sequences. The sequence folder itself can be repositioned anywhere in your folder structure. This act does not destroy PTE's ability to find everything.

regards,

Peter