WnSoft Forums

pictures to exe

malckey

hi, i have just made a slideshow and ready to burn to dvd disc, i have tried twice, it tells me it is converting to mpeg2, and going through all the procedures of burning, it tells me it is burning to disc, when its finished, i try out my burnt disc, but nothing on there, i have tried it through the pc and a stand alone dvd player, but nothing, when i check what is on the disc it gives me a blank. am i not setting up properly, please help

More details for these good people here please?

Which version of PTE?

How big is the file?

What Audio file are you using?

etc

You can try a couple of things:

Just create the MPEG2 file on your HDD (untick the Burn DVD disc) and if successful you will know where your problem lies. The MPEG2 file should open in Windows Media Player / Quick Time or similar.

Create the ISO file on your HDD (untick the Burn DVD disc) and if successful use whatever DVD authoring software you have to burn the ISO file. I use ROXIO 8/9 and that burns ISO files with no problems. In ROXIO you just double click on the ISO and Burn DVD opens automatically.

Have you tried (in v5.6) creating HD video for PC and Mac? This will put an MPEG4 file on your HDD which you will be able to play with Quick Time etc.

Find out how far you can go WITHOUT wasting DVDs.

If you can't create the MPEG2 file, the ISO file or the MPEG4 report back with more detail.

Also if any/all of the above suggestions are succsessful and you still can't burn the DVD come back with more details of your system.

DaveG

Suggestion,

Buy some rewritable DVD's so you don't make "coasters" until you get it sorted out....

Lin

hi, i have just made a slideshow and ready to burn to dvd disc, i have tried twice, it tells me it is converting to mpeg2, and going through all the procedures of burning, it tells me it is burning to disc, when its finished, i try out my burnt disc, but nothing on there, i have tried it through the pc and a stand alone dvd player, but nothing, when i check what is on the disc it gives me a blank. am i not setting up properly, please help

hi again, thanks for your useful info, i am trying what you stated, if no go, i'll get back to you with more details