WnSoft Forums

Turkey Bowl (football)

LumenLux

Strictly for fun. When the traditional Thanksgiving Day game between local universities disbanded 50 years ago - a few family and friends started playing our own. Rain, snow, and distance have only added to the tradition of getting together for this annual event. 64mb file contains 6-7 minute show. This was fun to "produce", and may be fun for someone out there.

Available now on Beechbrook.com as Turkey Bowl 2008.

I know the 64 mb file size is a problem for some potential viewers. You can view a lesser-quality, but "high definition" video version here: Turkey on Vimeo

Editing here: Maybe anyone that has trouble downloading 64mb will also have trouble with "streaming" from Vimeo, etc.? :unsure:

Any comments from anyone will add to my enjoyment/learning. :)

Strictly for fun. When the traditional Thanksgiving Day game between local universities disbanded 50 years ago - a few family and friends started playing our own. Rain, snow, and distance have only added to the tradition of getting together for this annual event. 64mb file contains 6-7 minute show. This was fun to "produce", and may be fun for someone out there.

Soon available via Beechbrook, now available here

I know the 64 mb file size is a problem for some potential viewers. You can view a lesser-quality, but "high definition" video version here: Turkey on Vimeo

Any comments from anyone will add to my enjoyment/learning. :)

Hello -

Very nice action pictures with good, suitable music. The Utah mountains looked inviting also. You've captured your family well. Yes, it's a time to be thankful.

Dave

Ken -

Because this is the friendliest online forum in the world, I won't accuse you of going off topic! :o

I always understood football was a contact sport, but I did not realize that in a touch version, the contact with the ground is so hard and frequent. I have been slow to realize that momentum and gravity are severely biased toward age! I had more shots of senior citizens hitting the turf than you see at a banana packing plant. Fortunately the game rules are very substitution friendly. I took one good shot from a big boy, and decided a longer lens would work really well this year!

Hi Lumenlux

Very lively slideshow :rolleyes:

I think that if you changed from time to time a bit more sharply (incisively ?) the rythm of the transitions duration it would be even more funny.

Just one curiosity : the photo below is distorted in it's height : out of size ?

Patrick

clipboard01cn3.th.jpg

Thank you Patrick for your input about transitions, you are probably right. Also, yes the slide you question is purposely distorted to exaggerate the player stretching to reach the ball. Just as a novelty/gimmick I used PTE O&A to disproportionately zoom the vertical axis.

Also, yes the slide you question is purposely distorted to exaggerate the player stretching to reach the ball. Just as a novelty/gimmick I used PTE O&A to disproportionately zoom the vertical axis.

Ah Ok

I understand now but as you see, your effect was not self explanatory for me ... but perhaps for others it was.