WnSoft Forums

upgrading to pte 5.6

Photofanatic

Can anyone tell me if upgrading to 5.6 is free? Does downloading 5.6 overwrite my existing 5.5.2? - I have tried half installing 5.6 but it says it will be just a trial version for 30days and I was under the impression that updates to existing registered versions were free for 2 years - can anyone help me out please?

Yes, upgrading to v5.6 is free if you already have a full, licensed copy of an earlier version of PTE. No, installing v5.6 does not over-write v5.52. Provided you take the default options during the install, PTE v5.6 will co-exist alongside all other versions of PTE (indeed, each of the beta levels will co-exist alongside all the other beta versions, too).

Upgrades to existing versions are "free for life" on the base PTE code and free for two years on the Video-Builder feature.

I don't understand what you mean by "half installing". Did you abort the install at some point prior to its completion?

If you already have a fully registered version of PTE, then all you need do to install PTE v5.6 beta alongside is to let the install process complete. It should pick up the same "key" as the existing version.

regards,

Peter

Nettleton,

My first guess would be to check your windows user/admininstrator settings and privileges. Was your original installation of Pte program registration available for all users, specific users , or just adminstrator ?

Windows loves to use its security and protection ... esp Vista.

Peter - I have ALWAYS had to reopen the registration key when running a new version of P2E and so supposed that everyone else had to too!

Nobeefstu - How do I check my user/administrator settings and privileges please? I assume I would have made the original installation of the Pte program registration available only for the adminstrator (ie me) even though I share the pc with one other. I am the only user of P2E.

Interested in comments from both of you.

Nettleton