WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.10 beta #11 is released

Igor

That does seem to be an inconsistency. When you do File New in Beta 11, it asks you for a project name, but then you never see that "project name" again afterwards.

It looks like it is using that "project name" temporarily until you save the file the first time.

In the Microsoft world, that is known as "Untitled" or something like that, I think.

Harold

Jim,

That is what Igor originally intended with the use of the "project name" idea.

In the programming world, as you mentioned, the use of projects is commonplace, and necessary, as one is dealing with a number of different files, all of which are part of a "project".

However, in PTE there is really only one file, not counting the different versions one might "save as" so as not to lose earlier versions. So, the use of a "project" is not really necessary.

And, the way it was being implemented was counter to the normal file-saving process, and Igor received quite a few complaints. So he agreed to eliminate the use of the "project name", except as a default name to start the ball rolling in a new .pte file, where the default filename for saving one's pte file or for creating one's exe file, is this "project name".

Now, when you save your file, you just "save" or "save as" like you would with MS Word, or notepad, etc., etc.

The only difference between the way PTE operates and other similar programs, is that PTE prompts you for a filename when you first open a new file. These other programs wait until you do your first "save" or "save as" to obtain a file name.

Time Sorting in 4.10 Beta 11

My problem with time sorting for time lapse photographs (sorting on date and time) has been solved by Beta 11 .... my thanks to those (and of course - Igor - who amazes me the work he and the crew put into this) who helped clarify it.

Good job.

Doug.