WnSoft Forums

updating PTE

afink01

Just a simple question from a new user:

I have just downloaded v5.6 beta 20. When I became a user, I had installed v5.6 beta 4. What's the best way to install the new software so as not to lose previous work, as well as avoid having multiple copies of the software on one's computer? Uninstall and then install the new version or can you install the new version over the older version? Many thanks

Aaron

Just a simple question from a new user:

I have just downloaded v5.6 beta 20. When I became a user, I had installed v5.6 beta 4. What's the best way to install the new software so as not to lose previous work, as well as avoid having multiple copies of the software on one's computer? Uninstall and then install the new version or can you install the new version over the older version? Many thanks

Aaron

Just go ahead and install beta20 following its instructions. It will install separately from beta4.

You can then use 'Add Remove Programs' in Control Panel to uninstall the bet4 version if you wish.

Any projects created with beta4 will still run OK with beta20.

Regards,

wideangle.