WnSoft Forums

burn.exe not working

jeffgoodwin

I have burnt quite a few DVD with wnsoft video builder and today I have had the error burn.exe does not work

Using 5.50 deluxe and it has worked very well upto now.

not doing any thing else with pc while it burns, cos i know that causes problems, using dvd_rw disks

pte file is 80k video file 293 mb.

can any one help please

I have burnt quite a few DVD with wnsoft video builder and today I have had the error burn.exe does not work

Using 5.50 deluxe and it has worked very well upto now.

not doing any thing else with pc while it burns, cos i know that causes problems, using dvd_rw disks

pte file is 80k video file 293 mb.

can any one help please

Thanks Ken that did work, then I reformatted the RW and that worked.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Quartz,

I would first check that your Video Card Drivers amd your Burners Firmware are all current and upto date ... as they play an intergral role in burning with Pte. At least you will know your hardware drivers is up to par.

Have you tried DVD-R discs ? Particilar makes of burners favor -R discs and some favor +R discs.

Nobeefstu,

Yes, I have the lastest video card drivers and burner firmware.

I try with DVD +R 4x (Philips) or DVD +RW 8x (Traxdata) or DVD +RW 4x (TDK), or DVD-R (Verbatim).

The video card is a NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS and the burner a Plextor PX-760A (I try with another burners, Sony and LG)

The processor is an Intel Core2 X6800 (2,93 GHz), with 4 GO Ram, 3 x 1 To DD, under Vista 32 bits.

I burn DVD or Blu ray disc with Pinnacle 12.

I don't understand ...

Quartz

This may seem elementary, but did you check in the Project Options of Video Builder and make sure there is a check mark beside "Burn DVD Disc" and that your DVD burner appears selected in the list beside "device"?

Best regards,

Lin

Quartz,

Are you using Pte v5.6 with a v5.6 .pte project file ?

If not ... install Pte v5.6 and open your previous project (.pte) file and create a Save As (another name file).

-Preview the new file to make sure it performs correctly.

-Burn the new file with Video Builder with just checkbox enabled to Burn DVD Disc

-Adjust Record Speed to half of the disc's X capable speed.

Also ... read this post as it may help to sort your issue also :

Burning with DVD builder - WnSoft Forums

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8941

Quartz,

When using the DVD-RW disc ... formatting the disc first is a normal required operation. DVD-R and DVD+R dont require formatting because they are not re-writeable.

Are you still not able to burn with DVD-R or +R discs ? Please remember the DVD-R or +R discs must be new discs and never previously burned.

Nobeefstu,

I know how to use DVD R or RW disc and if I use rewrittable discs, it's to make reading tests before burning DVD R disc.

I never format RW disc before using them with another software (Pinnacle, Adobe Premiere, ...).

After a successful burning on a rewritting disc, I try to burn my project on a no rewrittable disc and I have a burning error (burn.exe).

It's not serious because now, I know I can duplicate RW on R disc if I cannot burn directly on a no rewrittable support.

Thank you, Nobeefstu, for your tenacity.

Quartz

Quartz,

After a successful burning on a rewritting disc, I try to burn my project on a no rewrittable disc and I have a burning error (burn.exe).

I had a somewhat similar problem (not relating to Pte) on an older PC with a Sony burner a few years back.

Whenever I burned a CD-RW disc ... I had to always reboot the PC to be able to burn again on a normal CDR disc.

I never did trace down the issue.

Nowadays, I always reboot after burning huge files to a disc ... to restore/maintain full processing resources for the next burn.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having terrible time trying to burn a dvd. I've no problem doing so using 5.0 but no joy with 5.5 or with 5.6. I was happy to stay with 5.0 but the new transitions in 5.6 really interest me so I'l like to get to the bottom of this problem. I have two PC's, one XP, the other Vista. It's the same on both machines, no problem burning a dvd with 5.0 but cant with 5.6 or 5.6. I notice that you cant change the burn speed in 5.6 but you can in 5.0. I'll attach the error message. Please offer suggestions.

post-1518-1235517037_thumb.jpg

Guest Yachtsman1
I am having terrible time trying to burn a dvd. I've no problem doing so using 5.0 but no joy with 5.5 or with 5.6. I was happy to stay with 5.0 but the new transitions in 5.6 really interest me so I'l like to get to the bottom of this problem. I have two PC's, one XP, the other Vista. It's the same on both machines, no problem burning a dvd with 5.0 but cant with 5.6 or 5.6. I notice that you cant change the burn speed in 5.6 but you can in 5.0. I'll attach the error message. Please offer suggestions.

Hi Tony

I am layed up with a broken foot, so I thought what better way while away a couple of hours than to try to help you.

I use 5.6 with XP SP3, so I suggest you try these steps on your XP machine, Vista still fills me with dread with all the problems related to it on here.

1. Open your show in 5.6, at bottom left is the create button click it and bring up the create menu as shown dvd1.

2. Click the Icon labelled DVD Video Disc. This brings up the next screen as DVD2. Click "NEXT" button bottom right.

3. This brings up the title page DVD3, add your title. Click the "Next" button bottom right.

3. This brings up the start screen DVD4, clicking the start button bottom right will bring up the prompt "Insert Disc" & your disc drive will open. Insert a DVD-R disc, click OK & the process should start. The only other thing I could suggest if these instructions don't work, is check the size of your show. If it contains over 200 high resolution images with animation, it could be too big for a DVD.

Good Luck

Yachtsman1

PS forgot to mention, don't change any of the settings shown on the various screens, only the title.

post-5560-1235556880_thumb.jpg

post-5560-1235557028_thumb.jpg

post-5560-1235557483_thumb.jpg

post-5560-1235557501_thumb.jpg

Hi Yacthsman,

Thank for that, but maybe I need to clarify, I've been using P2E for years, burning hundreds of DVD's as I am a wedding photographer. I know the program very well but for some reason, with version 5.5 and 5.6, it wont start to burn the disc, I get the error message that I've already attached. I've just tried to do a test project using 3 slides and again "Failed connection with burn.exe" I am having to use 5.0 at the moment until I can get an answer as to why 5.6 is causing me problem on 2 different machines. Yacthman, sorry to hear about your broken foot, my heart is broken with this problem. Cheers Tony.

Thanks Xaver, I will try that but really I am happy with using an external burner. Tony. Dublin IRE.

Tony,

Xaver's suggestion to use VB to make an ISO image is a good one. I do this with the videos I make, and I save the ISO files in a folder called, oddly enough, 'ISO_Files'. Having the ISO files is very handy if you ever want to burn another copy of the show, as it obviates the necessity to recompile the show in VideoBuilder. I should think, if you are doing wedding videos, that burning multiple copies of the show would be much easier from an ISO than a rebuild, or even copying a DVD.

Further, you can run an ISO file with Media Player to check it out before you commit to burning a disk, thus potentially saving time and a disk if the show is not right.

If you go with this suggestion, a burner program called Imgburn is fast and efficient, and free.

http://www.imgburn.com/

There are other programs with big 'download now' buttons on the same page, make sure you d/l Imgburn, about 1.9 MB.

Colin

Hi,

I have the same problem and the only solution I find is to format rewrittable disc before burnng it.

For burning a no rewrittable disc, I must desinstall the burner in the configuration panel and reinstall it before burning.

It's not a very solution ...

It's possible to make an iso image to burn later but it is domage to not burm with video builder.

Good luck

Quartz (Paris, France)

Guest Yachtsman1
Image Burn isint free, it only allows to burn to CD's, its € 68.00 for the DVD version. Does anyone know of another Free ISO image burning software. Thanks Tony Dublin

If you go onto computeractives site there are lots of "free" DVD software, however most have a time limit or number of downloads limit. I did however find one with no restrictions, unfortunately I can't find the name. There is one called Chilli Burner which allowed me to burn 50 DVD's in one go, providing you don't switch of & re-boot your PC, I now use the one which was supplied with my laptop, took some figuring how to install it.

Yachtsman1

Image Burn isint free, it only allows to burn to CD's, its € 68.00 for the DVD version. Does anyone know of another Free ISO image burning software. Thanks Tony Dublin

I fear you have the wrong program, Tony. Imgburn does allow DVD burning, even Blu-ray burning. Double-check you didn't accidentally get one of the 'parasite' (my word) programs that lurk on the Imgburn website.

I have less than an hour ago burnt an ISO file to a DVD with Imgburn, no problem.

The Imgburn screen is shown below. Does yours look the same?

Colin

post-4929-1236130674_thumb.jpg

I fear you have the wrong program, Tony. Imgburn does allow DVD burning, even Blu-ray burning. Double-check you didn't accidentally get one of the 'parasite' (my word) programs that lurk on the Imgburn website.

Colin, You were spot on, I dowloaded some other spurious program called "Imgburn". I subsequently downloaded the correct program and it's working perfectly. Well spotted Colin and again, many thanks. problem solved. Tony