WnSoft Forums

Menu Problem

baldsparky

Hi

I will try and explain this as best I can.

I have a 3 page menu to run my pte shows.

These pages are identical in their layout, buttons etc.

In p2e 5.5 the menu works as it should.

In p2e 5.6 the menu is doing something strange.

When I am on page 1 of the menu I can select the show to run via the buttons as normal in p2e 5.5.

In p2e 5.6 when I wait for 6 seconds say, when I select the button to run a show on page 1 of the menu, it actually runs the show on page 2 of the menu, which is the button directly underneath it.

In the files below it shows 2 pages of my menu, when I click on the button 'Holidays' on page 1 of my menu it runs the show 'Michael and Karen' on page 2 of my menu.

I also have the same problem with page 2 + 3, ie if I select a show on page 2 it runs the show directly beneath on page 3.

I have tried opening the menu in 5.5 and then saving it again under a different name, and then opening it in 5.6 and saving it again under a different name, with still the same problem occuring.

Any help with this problem would be gratefully appreciated.

kind regards

Paul

post-3250-1232718514_thumb.jpg

post-3250-1232718528_thumb.jpg

Paul,

Without seeing the actual setting or the command used in the Action on Mouse Click for the Button ... its hard to identify your issue.

I do know v5.6 has employed new Button commands on its click actions which are somewhat different than v5.5.

Check the Button click actions in the v5.6 file to verify the difference.

Hi

thanks for your help Stuart.

I think I have found something that works, whether it is the correct way to do it or not, I don't know, but anyway it works and

i'ts not causing any other problems at the moment.

In 5.5, the customise slide/main/timing the option 'Wait for a key press or mouse click to show next slide' option was chosen

and everything worked fine. I have now found that if I choose customise slide/main/timing 'Loop this slide' option in 5.6 everything seems to work as it did before.

Thanks again for your reply Stuart

Kind regards

Paul

Paul,

For a "Menu" sequence I use Project Option...Main...Show settings...Wait for a key press or mouse click to show next slide. This causes all automated advance of the "Menu" sequence to be ignored. I also have Project Options...Advanced set to Always show mouse cursor.

These are the only changes from my usual settings that I need to make for a manually advanced sequence.

I suggest you try putting the Customize slide... value back to its default and try this technique instead.

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter

thanks for your advice.

I tried the settings that you suggested, but I still get the same problem ie the show on the next page playing instesd of the show I click on.

In 5.5 I didn't even have to have the following option checked 'Project Option...Main...Show settings...Wait for a key press or mouse click to show next slide' and it worked no problem. Even with this option checked and setting the options as you suggest in 5.6 I still get the problem as related in my first post.

The only thing that seems to work in 5.6 is the following setting 'customise slide/main/timing 'Loop this slide'

Kind regards

Paul

Paul,

Sorry my suggestion didn't work. I suspect there is something else about the way you have built your menu sequence that is "getting in the way" of a nice, simple, clean solution. Would you be willing to do a "Create backup in zip" of your menu sequence and upload it either to the forum (if under 2MB) or to a file hosting service such as MediaFire so that I can study all your settings?

regards,

Peter

Hi

just another obeservation whether it sheds any light on the problem or not I don't know.

The three pages of my menu show are set to 4 seconds each in the Project Options/main tab, if I run my menu show and select a show to run within 4 seconds then it runs the correct show, if I wait longer than 4 seconds it selects the show directly on the page underneath.

Kind regards

Paul

Hi Peter,

thanks for your offer to look at the settings to my menu, I have created a backup in zip and sent you an invitation to download it, to the email address listed in your post.

I very much appreciate your kindness.

Please let me know if you receive it.

I also have a similar menu on my laptop, when I get a minute I'll try on there and see if I get the same results.

Kind regards

paul

Hello,

Just a remark from my side. When I build a sequence of 3 or 4 slides, each of which is to start an external application (via "Customize Slide"), not all of the applications (like swriter, irfanview, audiograbber etc.) do start, and those which start do not appear in the correct order.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

Hi Paul,

I've received your e-mails and downloaded your zip file successfully. I may need to dig a little deeper but I've spotted one thing that doesn't look and feel right to me.

In Project Options...Main, you have ticked "Wait for a key press..." which is what I advised you to do. This causes PTE to ignore the 4 second slide timing that you have set at the bottom of the same tab. On each of your menu slides you have, under Customize slide...Main, ticked "Use customized settings for this slide". This means that the 4 second slide time that you have set at the bottom of the same Tab is now active. So you are making conflicting requests of PTE.

What I think might be happening is that PTE, perhaps not visibly to you, is advancing the slide image in memory in accordance with the Customized values but, in accordance with the Project Options...Main value, not advancing the displayed image.

What I would like you to try is turning off the "Use customized settings..." on all three slides and also return the button values to "By default..." on each of the three slides.

If you are wanting sounds with each slide, let's address that after we get the slide sequences triggered correctly. (One step at a time!)

regards,

Peter

Paul,

Just a quick update...

I replaced three of your sequence links with three of my own (all on top left button - titled Cornwall on first page) and turned off your Customize slide settings - I get the same as you. If I wait six seconds it plays the sequence off page two.

I will set up my own three page menu to test further. watch this space!

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter

thanks for your reply.

Strange that it causes no problems in 5.5.

I have just tried the same thing on my laptop.

I opened my menu show which works correctly in 5.5 into 5.6, I altered no settings at all, I then resaved this with a different name.

Then I reopened the show in 5.6 and when running it in preview mode I have the same problems occuring.

Kind regards

paul

Paul,

I think you might have found a bug in v5.6 when used to build multi-page menus. I build my menus using thumbnails to launch the sequences rather than buttons. Normally my menus are single screens. But, just in case your problem was associated with buttons, I have just built and tested a three page menu using thumbnail images instead of buttons. I still get the problem.

I don't believe it is you; I don't believe it is me. I believe it is PTE getting it wrong. But I'm willing to be convinced otherwise if anyone out there has a successful multi-page menu built and running using v5.6.

I now want to sleep on this and come back to it tomorrow - just in case I've missed something obvious!

regards,

Peter

I have spent time this morning re-creating the problem and building some test sequences. I'm satisfied that it looks like a solid bug in PTE and have opened a new topic: http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9378 to highlight it for Igor's attention and so that other users can be made aware of this problem.

regards,

Peter