WnSoft Forums

multiple choice of objects

First of all. PTE is a fantastic software for creating slideshows.

Congratulation to Igor and his team. :rolleyes:

I got one idea, which i wish to have in the next version of PTE.

Sometimes i have build a complex animation (up to 12 objects) in "objects an animation" editor, by doing the fine adjustments to sycronise with music and transition effects , it is necessary to move a compination off some objects on the timeline.

In this case it will be useful to select these objects (block) to give them a time offset. I haven't found this in PTE today, but I missed this function serveral times.

May somebody missed this funtion as well, or got a good solution ?

Thanks very much.

HAG,

Are you aware that you can place an object as a "chid" of another and the "child" will inherit its parents pan, zoom and rotate actions. In this way you can minimise the number of keyframes that have to be "re-programmed". I recognise that this may not always be a suitable solution to your problem.

I, for one, would welcome the ability to "Ctrl+Click" a collection of objects or "Shift+Click" a group of them and then apply a "time-shift" + or - a number of milliseconds

regards,

Peter

Edited 04 Feb 2009 at 12:10 GMT to remove references to copy and paste operations following stardealer's post below pointing out that this is already possible

Hi Peter and HAG,

I suggested something similar under "Reuse of complex animations" but it got not much attention from the forum members.

Using much and sometimes complex animations seems not so popular for serious av-workers using their shows in photoclubs and competitions as some comments in topics and also most of the published shows in this forums indicate.

I for myself use animation in nearly every slide in my private holiday shows. Using much animation then needs good balancing to don't distract the viewer.

Hopefully WnSoft recognizes that these finetuning work is the key for animations that hightens the viewers pleasure and that getting it right today is a really painful and timeconsuming task and then they hopefully decide to enhance functions for this task.

Regards

Frank

P.S.: fh1805 - I think copy and paste objects between slides is possible today so please can you elaborate your request a little bit more that I can understand it.