WnSoft Forums

PTE in another name

saleeltambe

Sal,

It's not the same product. Other than that, I know nothing about it. Check their web site, and you will see that it's a completely different program. I doubt if it has as smooth a dissolve as PTE! :blink:

but when I downloaded the trial version from Aephid photokeeper .....it brings me down to nothing else but PTE !!

that's why i'm surprised.

Even the logo and everything is the same.

Are you sure you didn't start PTE by mistake instead of starting this Aephid thing? :blink:

sal ,

Ive just tested the LINK you supplied ... reviewed the SITE PAGES ... and tested the DOWLOAD PROGRAM link. ( I did not completely download or install the program).

I see no relation, association, or reference to PTE/WnSoft in any documentation, names or images displayed at this supplied LINK.

Their DOWNLOAD installer is named differently and a whopping size of 9MB +.

This product (as I see it) has nothing to do with the PTE/WnSoft program we talk about here at the forum.

Have you downloaded and installed this Photokeeper program ?

Yes , I think the name PTE is seen only after you start the actual installation through the installer icon is red color called photokeeper_release and then the blue screen appears with the PTE version saying that "this will install February+4 release (minimal )build of Aephid photokeeper 2002.

Further it takes to the blue screen of Pictures to Exe v 4.10 beta#9 !!

I suggest you can try a complete cycle of trial installation and reconfirm this .

sal

Sal,

Now that you have described what happens I wouldn't touch this program with a "ten-foot pole"!

I would be very cautious with this program if it behaves as you describe, because who knows what other problem it might be installing in your pc?

However, if this is true, then Igor should be concerned about it.

I suggest you can try a complete cycle of trial installation and reconfirm this .

I downloaded this program, installed it. Had a quick look - nothing like PTE at all. :)

Then tried to uninstall it - no uninstall.exe, couldn't find it in the Control Panel either - had to just remove it and then run RegClean. :blink:

sal,

I have no plans to download this product to test it further.

If you have installed both Photokeeper and PTE/Wnsoft on your PC ... Im sure you can immediately visualize the difference between their interface , functions and features. Im sure they are both installed in different folder locations on your hard drive ... and most of all ... a big difference in the overall file size. I dont think PTE will ever reach a 9MB+ installer size ... Igor is pretty picky on maintaining a overall small file size.

My only (best) guess is both PTE/WnSoft and Photokeeper use the same installer/builder software to package their programs ... so its possible to see some familar look in the installers interface color and layout during installation ... alot of sofware developers use the same installer/builder software.

And if what Sal is saying is true, (and I have no reason to doubt your credibility, Sal! :blink: ), then they are essentially reselling PTE, and Igor should be concerned.

Sal,

It doesn't matter where you have them installed - just makes things a little less confusing and neater if they are in different folders. It's also easier to manage upgrades for PTE if it is in its own separate folder.