WnSoft Forums

Adding sound to a sequence

fh1805

I am opening this discussion because I am losing count of how many times I have helped PTE users resolve problems with their sound files. I am coming to the view that Igor, in his attempts to provide flexibility, has actually gone too far and left a state of confusion in the minds of many users.

As well as the main "soundtrack" audio files added via Project Options...Music tab (which all users understand) there are two ways to add sound clips to individual images:

- via Customize Slide...Music tab

- via the Add Sound icon in the main window

But these two options behave very differently. When using Customize Slide, you cannot have Synchronize slides and music ticked in Project Options...Main. So, if you try and Preview from Selected Slide, your soundtrack plays from the beginning and not from the selected position. Does anybody want it to do this? If so, please explain why because I do not understand why anybody would want this behaviour.

When using Add sound it is possible to have Synchronize slides and music ticked and get a proper preview from any slide.

I feel there is a need to rationalise things here. I would suggest removing the Music tab from Customize Slide. Alternatively, make the Music tab have the same result as the Add sound icon.

I see these as short term measures. What we need is better control over the sound files withing PTE. I will open a separate topic to carry the discussion about the long-term solution.

regards,

Peter