WnSoft Forums

no response from support

Nancy Salisbury

Help please.

My Pic-To-Exe program 3.8 tells me my trial period is over. I purchased the program over a year ago. Support has not answered my email--2 days ago-- & I need to get senior pictures in a slide show to a client, today.

I will download the new version, but how do I get a key?

Any help to speed this up will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nancy Salisbury

Nancy,

Welcome to the Forum!

The key is contained in a file called "PTE.KEY", which should be in the directory where you keep PTE files since you say you purchased the program some time ago. However, since PTE does not seem to recognize it, it may have gotten lost along the way somehow. In that case, you will have to email support@wnsoft.com and ask for another one.

The PTE.KEY file is exactly 231 bytes in size (Win Explorer will just show it as 1K, unless you right-click on it and look at its "properties".) If you do a search for it, it may show up in a different directory than where it should be. Good luck!

Thanks for your speedy reply.

I do have several keys, all of which I've tried. I still get the message that my trial period is over.

I send them (one at a time) to my desktop and double click. I get a message that they have been loaded. Then, I reboot and try the program again. None of them work, so I thought that I probably need a new one???

In the past, when I'd upgrade the program, the old key didn't work.

Support must be on vacation. I'm desperate for a solution today.

Are there other solutions?

Thanks,

Nancy

Nancy,

The old key should always work. Once you have purchased PTE you receive one key and that one is good for life! (what other software program can claim that?? B) )

Try putting all your existing PTE files in a new separate folder, including the key file (be sure to check that it is exactly 231 bytes in size). Then download the new zipped PTE version 4.10 file, "apr.zip" from the link at the top of this forum, unzip all 7 files to the new folder (being sure to answer yes when you are asked if you want to replace the existing files). Then double-click on the new "Setup" file in that folder, and the new program should install and recognize the existing key as your proof of purchase and run properly.

It is possible that there are other files missing from earlier installations, but this installation should work.

Dear Nancy,

This problem rarely may occurs with version 3.80.

Please uninstall the program and reinstall PicturesToExe again.

Or better download and install newest v4.10.

If problem still appears after this, please write me to igor@wnsoft.com