WnSoft Forums

Adding 'Save Book.txt and Book .pdf and Book .doc ' in Naviga

What do you mean by "Book"?

Hello

book , such as .txt, .doc, . pdf formats in computer

e.g if igor can creat it , we can put our book in slieshow as a link ,

and when we click on it, our text as ".txt" or ".doc" or ". pdf" formats is openning.and we can interchange our very long scrip together

... book , such as .txt, .doc, . pdf formats in computer

e.g if igor can creat it , we can put our book in slieshow as a link ...

You can use the existing feature "Action on mouse click" (e.g.: Run application or open file).

Regards,

Xaver

You can use the existing feature "Action on mouse click" (e.g.: Run application or open file).

Xaver

ok , but I can't use this slideshow in another computer , link of this slideshow that has a book by Action on mouse click" (e.g.: Run application or open file) only use in my computer , and willnot use in another computer , e.g this slideshow dontuse in my friend's computer in Moskow , and she can't perform this link with its book that linked in my computer from there !!!

I 'm saying as we can save music by projectoptions-->music tab --> Add music , Igor creat a tab in the name e.g Application Tab and user can Save or Add his application such as book (*.txt , *.doc ,*.pdf ,...) executable prgrams such as slideshow and .... in this tab and they save in slideshow .I hope Igor think about that !!

REGARDS

... I can't use this slideshow in another computer , link of this slideshow that has a book by Action on mouse click" (e.g.: Run application or open file) only use in my computer ...

When using "Run application or open file" you may insert a relative address for the file which shall be opened on mouse click. A simple example: Write "book.txt" into the address field, without any further path information. If you place the created show (exe-file) and book.txt into the same folder, book.txt will be opened on mouse click, on every PC having a program which is registered to open txt-files.

Best regards,

Xaver

When using "Run application or open file" .......

Dear Xaver

I did that , but It didn't open when I removed "book.txt" from source , I want it performs even it shall be removed from the source folder .!!!

King Regards

Hi Abdol,

You would like to have an "integrated solution". Presently, PTE integrates only those objects which are processed by PTE itself (images, music). Other objects, in particular those which will be handled by other (external) applications (*.txt , *.doc ,*.pdf ,...), are kept out. For me this is the obvious way of doing it.

Best regards,

Xaver

Hi Abdol,

You would like to have an "integrated solution". Presently, PTE integrates only those objects which are processed by PTE itself (images, music). Other objects, in particular those which will be handled by other (external) applications (*.txt , *.doc ,*.pdf ,...), are kept out. For me this is the obvious way of doing it.

Xaver

Then finally what did it happen ? It is possible or impossible ?

lovingly regards

Abdol,

You do have other options if you want to pack all your additional external files. If you have some sort of SFX compile tools or some other packagers ... you can package all the contents into a single exe file so the files are always available for use.

If you dont have any such tools ... your OS actually already has a simple MS CAB file tool to make self-extracting exe files. This little unknown tool is the Iexpress.exe ... a CAB wizard made by MS.

This tool is perfect for packaging all your content ... it can automatically copy/create to the user-temp folder and run the content. Temp files are removed when the slideshow is completed (depends on use of RunSlideShow or Run Application settings). Program has a few basic settings available.

To easily find the tool on your OS system ... just create a new shortcut (file) and enter ... Iexpress.exe

** You must also remember that you and the other users PC must have the proper software or programs to run the additional external files ... such as .doc, .pdf, etc.

**This tool is also perfect for Slideshows run from CD/DVD disc by automatically copying files to PC ... so as to achieve best performance of the Slideshow played from the hard drive.

**I plan to later on create another Hints & Tips on its use and functions since a MS Help file is not avail.

MS Info Link:

IExpress Technology and the IExpress Wizard

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd346760.aspx

Hi Abdol,

You can go to "Start > Run" and type "iexpress". IExpress.exe is a tool contained in all Windows systems. You can use it in order to create an installation package. You do not want to install anything, but nevertheless you can use the tool for your purposes. In your case you have a show (say PTEShow.exe) and an external text object (say Book.txt). Inside PTEShow.exe you have the Action on mouseclick to open Book.txt. You create the installation package easily following the IExpress wizzard. Choose PTEShow.exe and Book.txt as package files, and choose PTEShow.exe as install program; choose also "No restart". The final result will be an integrated exe-file which runs your show and which also includes your book.

Kind regards,

Xaver