WnSoft Forums

Exit error

ipconfig

I get thse errors when clicking the "Exit" button of my "wedding" slide show:

Exception EInvalidPointer in module wedding.exe at 00003904. Invalid pointer operation.

Exception EInvalidPointer in module p2e_prev.exe at 00002DC2. Invalid pointer operation.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

johnny

Hi, Johnny,

Could you please provide a little more info on your pc system (processor speed, vintage, operating system, RAM) and also on the version of PTE you are running.

Here's my system information but I don't know if it will tell us much:

cpu: P4 1.5G

ram: 512M

hdd: 60G IDE

o/s: Windows XP Pro SP1

pte: v4.10

If I create a brand new slide show by going to "new" on the file menu I don't get the error message when clicking "exit" on the startup window. But my test slide shows do not have as many slides. I began this large job, the one giving me this trouble, in one of the recent betas, I believe 4.10 #10. Here are the job stats:

synchronization: yes

transitions: fades various length

number of images: 327 .jpg 800x600

startup image: .jpg

music: 5 .mpg files

length: 17:40

Because of time constraints I have gone ahead and finalized this job leaving off the exit button. Not preferred but what else could I do? Except to redo the job completely from scratch, which was not an option. Any thoughts would be appreciated but it looks like this may be one of those esoteric things. I wonder if any clue can be derived from the error message itself?

johnny

Dear Johnny,

Thanks for finding this bug! I was able to reproduce it, when created similar test presentation with your description.

This problem appears in v4.10 and in old v4.01, if you click specially added "Exit" button in the Startup window of presentation which has Synchronization mode with music.

I just prepared fix of this problem:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr.zip