WnSoft Forums

Synchronize slides to music

pbear-1

I have used P2E for some time. I recently downloaded V5.6. I have assembled a slideshow of 70 slides and added one song of 3'09" duration. But even though I have clicked Synchronize slides to music in hopes that I would get a rapid 3 minute show I either get something that says 6+ mintes or, if I go to timeline, something that gives me 275 minutes 29 seconds. I think it may have something to do with the transition times but I have fiddled with the timing on effects and even shut off effects without any benefit. Suggestions?

Hi,

Try Turn off Synchronize to music select first slide Hold down shift key select last slide all slides will now be selected, Go to Customize Slide > Under Main

set time for 2.572 This will set that time for all slides, I dont think this will to far off what you are hopeing for.

All the best Ray

Added Info :- In Project Options > Effects Turn off Enable Transition Effects Or use 1500 ms Fade in/out

Hi josephm,

Whilst RayC's suggestion will, perhaps, get you a show that is close to what you want, it doesn't help you understand how you got to where you are. PTE recognises two different durations for your sequence:

- the total length of the music files (i.e. your soundtrack length)

- the total length of the image durations

Please check these following points:

- in Project Options...Music tab is there just the one piece of music listed?

- and is its duration displayed there as 3m 09s?

- under the bottom-right corner of the mini-player is displayed the total duration of your images

Now you have identified the two durations, you know which area you need to look at.

One simple possibility is that all the excess time is attributed to the last slide. To resolve this go into the Timeline and click on the Timed Points button. Click on Set End of Last Slide at End of Music.

Just to clarify things for you: Synchronise music and slides causes the music to be positioned at the correct place if you do a Start Preview from the current slide using the little icon just to the right of the Preview button.

regards,

Peter

Thank you, Ray and Peter, for your assistance. Following Peter's suggestion so that I can use it in a similar fashion for future shows I did as suggested. However, the Set End of Last Slide to End of Music is greyed out. I turned the Synchronize back on, hit the Start Preview With Current Slide icon, and the timeline for the show increased from 275 minutes to 1102'02 ". When I hit preview the music starts but the show will not move off the first slide. I only have one piece of music, 3'09" long and i wanted the 70 slides to move quickly through that 3 minute timespan. What do I do now please?

Hi Josephm,

On Project Options, Main Tab, check Synchronize Music and Slides and "do not" check Auto Spread Slides Along Music.

Go to the Timeline and click on the Timed Points button then click on Arrange All Points.

This should accomplish what you want...

Best regards,

LIn