WnSoft Forums

UPDATE FROM 5.60 TO 5.6.3

orizaba

I see that some fellows are already working with v5.6.3 released 5 days ago, and I could confirm that actual download offered (to buy...!) is v5.6.3.

I am working since the start with v5.60 and I must say I only had 100% good results, not one sole failure of any kind.

I see that some discussions in this forum turn around all kind of problems, for example, this last topic before mine, with v5.6.3.

I should ask if it is worthwhile to update my v5.60?

Anyhow, I should like to know what is different from 5.60 till 5.6.3.

At last: how to update? Can somebody let me know?

Thanks in advance.

Jose

At last: how to update? Can somebody let me know?

Thanks in advance.

Jose

I had some worries on how to update, but I was on 5.60 and needed 5.63 so finally just clicked the download button and downloaded it. Then clicked on the exe program to install it. When asked where to put it, I said 5.6.3 instead of the default 5.6 folder (I wanted to keep my 5.60 in case of any problems). I thought it might ask for an authorization code, but seems to have found my existing code and is working fine.

Guest Yachtsman1

Up-dating is free to licence holders, just click the short-cut at the top of the page, beware if you are new to PTE and just want to check it out, on the last couple of pages of the download there are a couple of boxes you should leave un-ticked or you will find your existing shows opening in the new version. The new version is known as beta as it hasn't been signed off as bug free by wnsoft, so it is usual to let the experts sort the bugs before downloading, otherwise you could be upgrading every few days until the final version is approved.

Yachtsman1 ;)

I had some worries on how to update, but I was on 5.60 and needed 5.63 so finally just clicked the download button and downloaded it. Then clicked on the exe program to install it. When asked where to put it, I said 5.6.3 instead of the default 5.6 folder (I wanted to keep my 5.60 in case of any problems). I thought it might ask for an authorization code, but seems to have found my existing code and is working fine.

Thanks very much.

Yes, I think this method is ok to download 5.6.3 in order to "have nothing to do" with former versions. Although it is not an UPDATE, may be it is the best way to deal with new versions.

Regards,

Jose

Up-dating is free to licence holders, just click the short-cut at the top of the page, beware if you are new to PTE and just want to check it out, on the last couple of pages of the download there are a couple of boxes you should leave un-ticked or you will find your existing shows opening in the new version. The new version is known as beta as it hasn't been signed off as bug free by wnsoft, so it is usual to let the experts sort the bugs before downloading, otherwise you could be upgrading every few days until the final version is approved.

Yachtsman1 ;)

Thanks very much, but I was much confused... sorry!

Is v5.6.3 a beta version? I don't think so.

I didn't quite follow all couple of pages and boxes to leave un-ticked...

Regards,

Jose

Jose

see

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=64253

2 entries by Igor

what boxes do you not understand?

did you download the user guide

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/help.htm

User Guide

Version 5.6

English German Italian Russian (Requires Adobe Reader)

Download in ZIP archive (3 MB)

Video Tutorials (1024 x 768) on DVD (by Barry Beckham)

User Guides for old versions

ken