WnSoft Forums

An Interesting Observation

Lin Evans

In playing with creating a "Fire" or flame animation I discovered that 5.6 can sequence much faster in Preview mode than the created executable can. This is not true of 5.1, etc., because the frame sequence capabilities are identical in the Preview. That is, 5.1 can't sequence as fast in preview as 5.6. The created executables are identical from 5.6 and 5.1 but 5.6 can sequence must faster in Preview and a created MP4 at 1600x1200 actually beats the executable by a considerable margin in this case!! This is one case where the executable looses to the MP4. Actually, I thought earlier versions actually created a temporary executable for the Preview. Maybe so, maybe not.

When I set frame timings for as fast as 120ms the preview runs them at apparently true speed while the created executable apparently drops frames. I'm wondering now if this has any relevance to the horizontal pans being somewhat jerky in the creation of the MP4??

Anyone who is interested in seeing this, email me and I'll post the original PTE file for you to experiment with.

Best regards,

Lin

• 2 weeks later...

Lin,

Thank you for the interesting observation.

We think this difference comes from reading of multiple resources (images/music) from one EXE file and from separate files.

We load images and music in several parallel threads of CPU and Windows better optimizes reading when we load images from different files in opposite to one EXE file. It's our supposition.

We'll explorer this issue later.