WnSoft Forums

Drop shadow on text in O&A

JRR

I normally do my titles and text in PhotoShop, but the discussion on the "How to change fonts globally" here set me thinking so I played with using adding text via the O&A approach a little.

One issue that I seem to have doing text this way is when I change the default opacity of the shadow from 59% to 100% (or something close to that)and fade the text in from an opacity of 0% to 100%, the shadow seems not fade in as well. It stays at full strength.

For example, in using a red drop shadow, the text fades in almost pink, then becomes white with the red drop shadow when the text is at 100% opacity. (And the reverse happens as it fades out.)

I suspect I am missing something simple here (besides don't set the opacity of the shadow so high :) )

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Jim,

I think it's only a visual impression depending on the color and the opacity ;) you use.

If you want, upload your tests somewhere and we will have a look at it.

Thanks Dom

I had a thought that maybe if I dropped the opacity of the drop shadow to zero, when the text was set to zero opacity that would solve it. But then I discovered that changing the opacity of the drop shadow for one keypoint in the O&A changes it for all keypoints.

I have attached a quick example.

test text_Sep19-2009_18-08-40.zip

I understand what you mean and I completely agree with you.

In order to do what you want, you need the ability to add keypoints to the shadow to control its opacity... and the other parameters as well to control angle, distance & size.

Somebody made this suggestion a long time ago and I started a topic with it two years ago (=> http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7620)

Right now, you have to make the shadow in an external editor.

Next, in PTE, create a father object (frame) and add your text and the shadow image as children of this father object.

Pan & Zoom the father object and control the opacity of the shadow object with keypoints.

(see your project modified to see what I mean).

It's a little bit complicated for beginners and really time consuming.

And if you want to change the text, you have to build an other shadow in your external editor !

If you want this feature to be developped in the future, please add your support by adding a reply to this suggestion : http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7620

test text_Sep20-2009_12-51-47.zip

Thx Dom

Support added to posting in "Ideas and suggestions"

In meantime I will carry on using PhotoShop for my titles. It allows me to have perfect registration when I use the same text on one slide to the next.