WnSoft Forums

How to change fonts globally?

goddi

Greetings,

I have been putting lots of text throughout a slideshow. I want to change the font I used to a different font. I'd like to do this globally if possible (like changing the default font). Is there any way to do this? I have searched the Forum but I can not find any discussion about this.

I'd hate to have to do this slide by slide. Is this the only way? It looks like it can be done for Comments, but not for text in the body of the images.(?)

Thanks... Gary

TheDom...

Very cool! I'll give that a try. Is there any reason that this can't be programmed into PTE to make it a selectable choice in 'Project Options'?

Thanks... Gary

=======================

Gary, you can do it very easily.

You have to open your pte file (with notepad by example).

If you want to change your fonts from Arial to Verdana by example :

Replace all "FontName=Arial" with "FontName=Verdana".

Save your pte file.

That's it. :)

Is there any reason that this can't be programmed into PTE to make it a selectable choice in 'Project Options'?

I guess it's because this is not a manipulation that the users of PTE have to do very often.

You can ask Igor to make this new developpment in the "Ideas and suggestions for next versions" section :

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showforum=9

But I am not sure it will be in the top priority of the Wnsoft team.

Gary,

I, for one, would welcome the ability to be able to set my choice of font as the global font; and to be able to change my mind and set it to some other font without having to resort to editting the .pte file. So, if you do post a new topic under the Ideas and suggestions banner, I will certainly add my voice in favour of it.

regards,

Peter

Thanks...will do. :)

Gary

==========================

Gary,

I, for one, would welcome the ability to be able to set my choice of font as the global font; and to be able to change my mind and set it to some other font without having to resort to editting the .pte file. So, if you do post a new topic under the Ideas and suggestions banner, I will certainly add my voice in favour of it.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Either I'm not getting the point (not unusual) but I've just opened an existing file, selected all the slides, opened project options, changed the default ariel to gothic, clicked set for all slides & the font has changed to gothic??? :unsure:

Yachtsman1

Yachtman1...

Which tab has the 'default font' in it??? I have looked until my eyes are sore.

Gary :blink:

========================

Either I'm not getting the point (not unusual) but I've just opened an existing file, selected all the slides, opened project options, changed the default ariel to gothic, clicked set for all slides & the font has changed to gothic??? :unsure:

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

A little bit more detailed:

- Open a PTE project

- Highlight a slide

- Open the Objects & Animation window

- Click on the button "Add Text"

Now you have created a text object (indicated in the Objects field with default name "Text")

Regards,

Xaver

Hi Xaver

Did that, got a box on the page which said "Text", now what???

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

I assume that the method described is another means of adding text to an individual slide, whereas in the past I have just highlighted a slide from the main page, clicked on the page symbol at the r/h end of the comments box, added my text then used the O&A page to position/animate it. The difference being with the other method, it gives more control of the text style. Maybe others reading this thread would like to know where the instuctions for this method could be found in either FAQ's or the existing manual.

Yachtsman1.

... Did that, got a box on the page which said "Text", now what??? ...

Hi Eric,

In addition to Peter's remark: You can use the text object in a similar way as images. You can add key points and program animations (pans, zooms, rotation, transparency). There are restrictions for text objects with the parent/child mechanism.

Regards,

Xaver

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

In addition to Peter's remark: You can use the text object in a similar way as images. You can add key points and program animations (pans, zooms, rotation, transparency). There are restrictions for text objects with the parent/child mechanism.

Regards,

Xaver

Hi Xaver

the parent child mechanism has always been a grey area for me so I haven't bothered to try to use it, If I could see someone using it rather than reading about it, the method would stick, reading about it brings on a dose of the vapours. :blink:

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

... Maybe others reading this thread would like to know where the instuctions for this method could be found in either FAQ's or the existing manual.

Yachtsman1.

You can find Adding Text objects (along with the other available objects) in the Objects and Animation section of :

PicturesToExe_User_Guide_v570.pdf page 29 ( this manual is still being updated with new beta content and subject to change)

or

PicturesToExe_User_Guide_v560.pdf page 32

There are restrictions for text objects with the parent/child mechanism.

Yes, text objects can not be used as parents, only as children.

Are there other restrictions ?

If I could see someone using it rather than reading about it, the method would stick, reading about it brings on a dose of the vapours. :blink:

Eric, you should watch BJC's VIDEO TUTORIAL. The mechanism is really well explained in "step-03" chapter.

But I recommend to watch the tutorial from start to end . I think you will not regret it. :)

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10641

... the parent child mechanism has always been a grey area for me so I haven't bothered to try to use it, If I could see someone using it rather than reading about it, the method would stick, reading about it brings on a dose of the vapours ...

Hi Eric,

Regarding the parent/child relationship, you may think of the following model:

Think of the screen as being a lake, and regard a top level parent object as your ship moving across the lake. Regard the parent's child as being a car driving across the ship's deck. Thus, the child's (car's) overall movement is the superposition of the parent's (ship's) movement relative to the lake, and its own movement relative to the ship. Even if the car stops its own movement, it is still moving relative to the lake, as long as the ship is moving. The car obviously inherits the ship's movement.

Isn't that easy to understand for an old sea dog? :)

Regards,

Xaver

Eric,

I think you've seen my show entitled "Kaleidoscope" haven't you? In that show each wheel was made up of twelve coloured segments, each of the segments being the child of the same transparent rectangle. So when the rectangle was panned, zoomed or rotated, all twelve segments moved in unison. In fact, on some of the slides I used one frame to control the rotation, another to control the panning and a third to control the zooming.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi All

Dom I've been busy today but I will look at the tutorial suggested.

Xaver, In the past I have done as you describe using scrolling text on a panning background, It's introducing a picture to another picture I haven't got my head around yet.

Peter if you cast your mind back to the animation demo at the AV group earlier this year, I did complain you had lost me very early on but didn't take it any further. At the moment I am happy with the animation I can do, it was the Global text thread starter I wanted to understand. I feel now I have hi-jacked the original query, so for the moment it's on the back burner. Between us my wife & I have taken almost 1000 pictures in the last month and that's a lot of editing alone, so that's my priority at the moment.

Off topic anyone living in Wensleydale, it's the first meeting of the Wensleydale Camera Club tomorrow evening 7.15-7.30 Bellerby village hall. All are welcome, even you Xaver if you can kick start your broom ;)

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.