WnSoft Forums

[Bug] Menu built using v6.01

fh1805

As part of my on-going investigation into Menu Sequences (see here) I have discovered a very unusual bug. The zip file has been uploaded to MediaFire and includes all necessary files to explore this situation.

Start by extracting the zip file into a new folder. Then launch the PTE601MenuB file. Left click to advance to the actual menu page (second slide) and launch any of the 10 test sequences. On my system, when I launch either the v4.49 sequence or the v5.64 #1 sequence nothing seems to happen. However, if I activate Windows Task Manager to monitor the situation, when I try and launch these two sequences they do actually launch; but they never get control of the monitor display. All the other 8 sequences behave as I would expect.

The PTE601MenuA sequence does not exhibit this problem. The difference is that MenuA has D3D off and MenuB has D3D on. neithe rof the menus actually uses any animation. With earlier versions of PTE (v5.64, v5.52) this problem does not occur. Only with v6.01 and only with D3D enabled in the menu sequence.

regards,

Peter

Peter:

Not sure what is going on, but I can't download the file.

All MEDIAFIRE does is open up a bunch new ads when I click on DOWNLOAD !

Might be a glitch at MediaFire (I hope)

I tried copying it to my MediaFire Accounts with no luck there either, although I can download my own files (or at least two that I tried)

Hi Peter,

I just tested PTE601MenuB.exe and PTE601MenuB.pte, how they behave when starting S449.exe. It started in all cases, but in about 25% the 449-show's screen was covered by the screen of the menu show. Using Alt+Tab I could place it on top. I use Win XP, SP3.

Regards,

Xaver

I forgot to say that I once had similar effects with an earlier version, perhaps 5.61. In this case I opened a pte-file (i.e. I started PicturesToExe.exe) on mouse click from a show using D3D. In some cases (not all) the window of the PicturesToExe application was covered by the calling show.

Regards,

Xaver

Xaver,

Thanks. I haven't tested on an XP system yet. That's tomorrow's homework!

Jim,

Xaver obviously got a successful download!

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Just downloaded your 'Media-Fire Folder' from the given Link and all seems to be O.K - data as follows:-

a) Your Post #1 above.

B) Folder size (unzipped) 9.79 Mb.

c) 7 JPeg Images and 16 Test-Exe's.

d) All 16 Exe's opened correctly (inc) Pte 4.49.

e) All worked well on 4 of our PC's XP-Sp2 (Various inc. Laptop)

Comment:- On 1st. downloading attempt our XP-Sp2's 'froze' - just dead stop. On switching on our

Norton-Notification utility it was found that Media-Fire was attempting to download a Microsoft Active-X

Editing component. On allowing this Active-X component the download proceeded as normal.The component is

purely advertising/demonstrating the new 'Media-Fire Professional' utility and seem's quite harmless.

This is probably the reason for the 'intermittent' downloading pattern experiences by some users.

However this might not answer your particular (In-Home) problem.

Hope this helps...

Brian. (Conflow)

post-1416-12635036227_thumb.gif

Peter,

My XP Sp2 tests indicate pretty much the same issues as your Vista.

The PTE601MenuB.exe-v449 button always launches the S449.exe ... however its not always consistantly ontop and sometimes runs under the PTE601MenuB screen display.

When I change the PTE601MenuB.pte file setting to Windowed Mode ... it always runs S449.exe ontop as it should. Using the Fullscreen Mode somehow seems to create the issue were having.

Tested same conditions with a PTE v6.0 build and it too exhibited the same issues as the PTE v6.01. build.

I just checked and everything seemed OK; it tried to start the download which I then cancelled. But of course, I get auto signed in as me. Let's wait and see if others report problems.

regards,

Peter

Peter:

I got it downloaded tonight.

Will find sometime tomorrow to work with it