WnSoft Forums

[Bug] Another Menu Sequence problem using v6.01

fh1805

This bug report arises from my on-going investigation into Menu Sequences (see here). The zip file has been uploaded to MediaFire and includes all necessary files to explore this situation. It is the same zip file as in my other bug reports of today's date.

A PTE v6.01 menu sequence with D3D turned off, when running in an environment that has the Windows Taskbar set to be "Keep on top of other windows", displays the taskbar when launching a PTE v5.64 or PTE v6.01 sequence but not when launching a PTE v4.49 or v5.52 sequence. Why can the taskbar not be successfully suppressed in all cases?

regards,

Peter

Peter

using xp sp3 ver 6 to open the afore mentioned pte's

i did not experience the taskbar siting

but then i got the menu going and experienced taskbar flash on v 5.64 and v6.01 - all 6 buttons

Ron West, Hawk and myself done some experimenting last year off forum with Ron's menu and ver 5.7 - think we settled on hdwe acc off to stop the flash

tried to go back to recheck and the buttons will not work for me now -- got them working -- brain not working right :)

ken

Ken,

I've just added the results of my tests using XP to the main topichere.

And, yeh, when you start doing repetitive tests of very similar items the brain does kinda go hazy. I found it difficult to maintain concentration over the last two days.

regards,

Peter

Peter

i think my problem was not waiting for actions to carry on - ie too many clicks

also,tho i have helped Ronnie and Hawk sort out menu problems,we were generally on msn messenger and notes were not kept at my end as i would never attempt building one but am willing to help as you know to conduct testing to the extent of my ability -- you already know i cant add so math situations are out of my baliwick. :)

some background on the hide taskbar problem here

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9637&st=0&p=63224entry63224

The other problem is that Marcovelo's HidesTaskBar v2 (to hide the taskbar during play back of videos) seems to be incompatible with PTE v5.6.1.

ken