WnSoft Forums

Clown around ...

d67

You will find > here < (on Bill's Beechbrook site) a little and short (2' 50" - 20 Mo) slideshow I created with some of the photos I took during a Circus show.

Concerning technical points, I selected most of time 1600 ISO sensitivity (800 ISO minimum up to 3200 ISO) .... therefore the grainy shots.

Have fun

Comments wellcome

Patrick

Fantastic pictures !

Patrick, you should try a noise reducer.

I use Neat Image ( http://www.neatimage.com/download.html ) and I am really glad with it.

I made a test with one of your picture (see files attached - before & after : noise reducer, contrast increased then image sharpened) and I think the result is good even if you loose details. What do you think ?

post-2148-1243636518_thumb.jpg

post-2148-1243637043_thumb.jpg

Very good presentation of this circus show !

I prefer too the grany shots aspect in this case : best idea of the real aspect of the circus light than that the plastic aspect given by a noise reducter ; but it is only my opinion ...

Patrick, you should try a noise reducer.

....I made a test with one of your picture (see files attached - before & after : noise reducer, contrast increased then image sharpened) and I think the result is good even if you loose details. What do you think ?

You did a good job and I too know about noise reducers.

I tried these tools with my photos, but, as Daniel ("Dadou"), the plastic aspect for the shots where grain is the most visible is much too unreal to my taste.

To say truth, I like the "noise" shape and the tightened grains my Sony Alpha renders for high sensitivities ... perhaps reminiscences of some very good black and white photographic papers :rolleyes:

I am not looking for a surgical photographic precision but more for something that respects an atmosphere. Consdidering the circus stage, lights were crude but there was also a very light white smoke floating in the big top that reduced very noticeably contrasts... very close to my photos grainy aspect !

Patrick,

Magical is the word I would use to describe your show. The colors were exquisitely captured and the transitions were well-done. I must admit, though, that I don't recall ever having seen a circus before where there were llamas and ostriches. :) How interesting. Anyway, a most enjoyable show. Thank you for letting us see it.