WnSoft Forums

Editing in Photoshop

Dougall

Hi Dave,

Have you tried to reset the 'opening sequence '.

ie, Rt click on any image, select 'Open with', then from drop down menu select 'Choose program' and then select PS and make sure the little box 'Always use this program to open this file' is ticked

This should do the trick. But I guess you may have already done this.

Anthony

Doug,

Do you have JPG file extension associated with Photoshop? Ctrl+W relies on the file association to find the proper program to use.

regards,

Peter

Hello, this problem also had, I want to open a photo from PTE .Opens on Picture Manager, because I configure this program that determines to open jpg files.

But what would the solution without changing my settings, and can open photos only from PTE with Photoshop?

Thank you

Dave/Anthony

I've tried the Explorer route. Photoshop CS4 was not listed. I 'browsed' to it, selected it and ticked the box. Same result - no response. Checked again, CS4 still not in list.

Peter

Thanks for your suggestion, JPEG's are associated with Photoshop.

What next?

Doug

Doug,

If it is any consolation, I tried to add my CS3 to the list and failed - further investigation required. I think that it is a Windows issue and not PTE.

DaveG

Dave,

I've now have Bridge in the list and it does open the image using Ctrl + W - might work for you.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Doug.

Doug,

As a matter of interest, do you have more than one version of photoshop installed on your computer?

I had a similar problem when I had CS2 and CS3 installed at the same time. When I un-installed CS2, the CTRL+W worked fine.

Ron

Doug,

As a matter of interest, do you have more than one version of photoshop installed on your computer?

I had a similar problem when I had CS2 and CS3 installed at the same time. When I un-installed CS2, the CTRL+W worked fine.

Ron

Ron.

No, just the one. CS2 was removed when CS4 was installed (checked to make sure!)

Doug

Doug

I had problems something like you with opening files with various applications, (CS3 being one), it does appear to be a Windows problem. Eventually someone told me about a small free tool call OpenExpert witch allows setting-up the relationships and importing applications to file types that XP seams not to permit.

This may be of help to you, have a look here:

http://www.baxbex.com/openexpert.html

Good luck.

Thanks Doug,

Ron's explanation might be the answer - more than one version on computer.

However, as I indicated earlier, it is not something I would do.

I rarely edit JPEGs and always return to a previously save TIFF or even RAW if my JPEG does not look the way I want it to look.

DaveG