WnSoft Forums

Importing exe file into existing slideshow

Photofanatic

Hi I have created a small 10 slide show using one off 'Doms' free templates and I want to add this in to an existing slideshow - is it possible to add in an .exe file into an existing show?? or is there another way around it? Thanks

Hi I have created a small 10 slide show using one off 'Doms' free templates and I want to add this in to an existing slideshow - is it possible to add in an .exe file into an existing show?? or is there another way around it?

You should copy the slides from the demo to your new project using the method described here.

Regards,

Xaver

With your template open copy the ten slides by highlighting them and using Ctrl C.

Don't close this show.

Go to file / Open and open the show you wish to paste into.

Highlight the slide that you wish to paste next to and use Ctrl V.

The secret is in NOT closing the donor show - if you do you will lose the clipboard contents.

The pasted slides will take on the Project Options settings of the recipient show.

DaveG

Just to add to what's already been said and to clarify:

You can't "add" the executable but you can copy and paste the slides complete with the PTE coding for animations, etc., by the method explained. This will not, however, copy any associated music or audio. You will have to do that manually.

PTE "can" call any external executable codes, run them, then return seamlessly to the calling slideshow, but what you want to do is much more straight-forward and can best be accomplished as described by Xaver and Dave as originally explained by Hawk.

Lin