WnSoft Forums

Wedding Album

ccmanz

My new slideshow at Beeckbrook was a Wedding Album my wife and I put together for my nephew.

He and his fiancé were going to get married in August, and she was called to active duty in February. The family threw a wedding together in a day. We had a web cam set up so family could watch from out of state. Very emotional. However, she didn't end up going because of a knee injury and they ended up having their special day in August. They are also expecting their first child next February!

This slideshow is the Album we put together for them as a wedding gift.

I just decided to make it a Digital album too.

cc

cc, I watched your show last night when I downloaded it, and again tonight while not quite so late. It is truly something the happy couple can treasure in the years to come. I was most impressed with something that is really very simple, the elegant framing border art used in many of the slides. It is just perfect - and literally so, as well. I couldn't help thinking about how imperfect the lines would be on a television screen, being near the edges. Computer screens spoil us. And the decorations, and er, wedding celebration "debris" for backdrop photos had a nice, warm and pleasing sense. There were many other very pleasant stylistic touches throughout. Very nice. Congratulations on the family of two, soon to be three!

I redownloaded the Wedding slideshow of Chuck Chesterman, and again the proper sound doesn't play on my pc. It's only a hizzing sound, and again, the ESC doesn't easily respond to abort running the application.

Does anyone of you experience this trouble? Could anyone find an explanation to this? While writing this I paused to replay the previous downloads I made and also played my works, and they all worked fine. Could it be that I don't have the driver to run the type of music used in that presentation (is it an OGG?). How can the Esc not responding quickly be explained?

If the MP3 jumps to the end or plays to fast.

the pictures will be in a constant fade trying to catch up

to the song. So you will not have a chance

to press the Esc key. The computer will be busy.

So I am thinking that maybe the MP3 I used coded at 56

must be the problem.

Maybe the player is trying to play the 56 Mp3 at a faster rate.

I think this will cause the song to play faster. And maybe

sound like a hissing sound. I will make a song

at 128 for you to try.

thanks

cc

There were many other very pleasant stylistic touches throughout.  Very nice.

Thanks Bill,

But I can not take credit. My wife made the album while I was at work.

I thought too it looked very good. And thought it would make a nice slideshow.

So I took all of her hard work and made a slideshow out of it. (The easy part)

I will tell her about your kind words.

cc

If the MP3 jumps to the end or plays to fast.

the pictures will be in a constant fade trying to catch up

to the song. So you will not have a chance

to press the Esc key. The computer will be busy.

cc,

I have found, too, that if there are too many images fading close to each other, or images trying to fade before the transition for the previous image is completed, regardless of the type of music, the "esc" will be slow in acting.

Guest Techman1

CC,

I downloaded your show and didn't have any problems at all. It played perfectly! Nice job by you and your wife. I'm sure this fine looking couple loved what you've captured and how you put it together.

Nice job!

Fred

Chuck, what a fun account of the "home-grown" wedding. Thank you also for the background information you gave at the start of this topic.

For the record, the sound works perfectly on this PIII 750 mhz. A few of the fades are a little fluttery, as happens on some other shows when played on this machine.