WnSoft Forums

Converting Sound files

Ted

Can anyone help. I have downloaded sound files I want to mix with wav before putting them on PTE project. These files were tagged as MP3, but after a lot of time trying to convert them on winamp, I discovered they are 'wma' Winamp will play them but not convert, as it does ok with true MP3 files. Many thanks Ted :rolleyes:

Kurt,

My DBPowerAmp Music convertor won't open .wma files, either. :unsure:

Edit:

Woops! Just realized there is a special codec for it - I was under the impression that if one had version 9 of DMC, one didn't need the wma codec, but that applies to just one part of it. My mistake! :(

Thanks to all who replied. I've downloaded so many players, but so far no luck. Looks like I may have to save up and buy SoundForge - Thanks Oleg :rolleyes:

It says in their website in dbPower that you have to download a WMA coder before it can convert WMA to other formats. And for Windows 95 & 98 users check out this System Update Page

WMA and Ogg Vorbis support are added by downloading a Codec from [Codec Central].

Still, I downloaded the dbPower but didn't install :D. Among you who have installed it, what will happen after 30 days if you don't register it? Will it stop working? Does it show nagging reminders?