WnSoft Forums

help needed loading key

sslowe

i just registered and am a newbie and am really stupid when it comes to computers. i got an email with some long old thing at the end for the key. i seriously cannot get it to work. what am i supposed to do? do i copy and paste that long old thing

and use it as a key?? i tried and it doesn't work. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Hi jup,

Try this from the FAQs: http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=56798

You should also download and read the User Guides, including the one here on the forum (under the Tutorials and Articles section). The information contained in them will help prevent you from having too many frustrating problems when using PTE.

regards,

Peter

Peter,

Firstly, I wonder if IGOR could be persuaded to include information on obtaining and loading basic and VideoBuilder keys in all downloads as "readme"'s?

That could be the answer to this continually arising "problem".

He already puts "what's new" in the package.

Secondly, I wonder how many "new users" would download, for instance 5.7.3 not realising which, by its very nature, contains bugs wheras they SHOULD be downloading 5.6, the last full working version?

DaveG

... Firstly, I wonder if IGOR could be persuaded to include information on obtaining and loading basic and VideoBuilder keys in all downloads as "readme"'s

I think that this is a good suggestion. It would even be better if WnSoft would revise the process of delivery of keys to users. As long as the e-mail with the registration acknowledgment contains instructions which refer to a file attachment which in many cases is shown as part of the mail itself, the registration problem will remain.

Regards,

Xaver

Guest Yachtsman1
Peter,

Firstly, I wonder if IGOR could be persuaded to include information on obtaining and loading basic and VideoBuilder keys in all downloads as "readme"'s?

That could be the answer to this continually arising "problem".

He already puts "what's new" in the package.

Secondly, I wonder how many "new users" would download, for instance 5.7.3 not realising which, by its very nature, contains bugs wheras they SHOULD be downloading 5.6, the last full working version?

DaveG

Hi Dave

Just checked wnsoft site & I think only 5.6 is for sale?

Regards Eric

(Yachtsman1)

Just checked wnsoft site & I think only 5.6 is for sale?

True, but that doesn't stop someone who didn't know different from downloading the Beta version with its bugs as a trial. It's the only version available on the forum page.

DaveG

Thank you all for discussing this matter....ok, I am still not getting it...sorry for my stupid questions. I copied and pasted that whole long thingy in a word document and saved it as reg.reg. Now what? HOw do I run it as if it were a program?? It's just a word document that I know of...I don't know anything. I'm sorry, but could someone help me again?

Thank you all for discussing this matter....ok, I am still not getting it...sorry for my stupid questions. I copied and pasted that whole long thingy in a word document and saved it as reg.reg. Now what? HOw do I run it as if it were a program?? It's just a word document that I know of...I don't know anything. I'm sorry, but could someone help me again?

Halo jup... :) - try this ,

1. Standard edition . Try naming it - PTE.KEY (instead of reg.reg)

Run Pictures to exe and when it asks to load a key, find and load your PTE.KEY

This works for me, see how you go..

If this does not work, key may be wrong or might be damaged.

(*Also changing an .extention of a file means you would of gone to -

control panel/folder options/view/ and unchecked "Hide extensions for known file types".)

Programs are usually as smart as the operator, so questions are rarely stupid. ;)

Cheers

Hi jup,

If you created the document in word and called it reg.reg, you have probably actually got a file called reg.reg.doc - which, under that name, might or might not work. When you use Windows Explorer (or My Computer or My Documents) to browse to this file, the Type column should show it as "Registration Entries". If it doesn't then you haven't got the file named correctly.

Your point about "How do I run it as a program?" has been addressed in the FAQ entry. I have added the words"...by double-clicking on it." to the text. That's how you "run it like a program". Find the file in Windows Explorer and double-click on it.

regards,

Peter

All the above is good advice Jup, I would add that the registration file, (IE PTE.KEY), should be in the same folder that you have installed PTE to.

THANK YOU to every single person who posted something for me and all your help. So, idiot me still needed help after all your good advice. I copied everything you guys wrote and emailed it all to my bro-in-law who is a software engineer and he made some kind of file for me and emailed it to me and had me just double click on it and IT WORKED!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU

for all your guys' help. After letting my slideshow languish for a few frustrating days, I'm back to work on it so I can meet my

7/22 deadline!!!!