WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.12

Igor

PicturesToExe v4.12 is released

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr.zip (1,3 Mb)

What's new in v4.12:

* Fixed bug of v4.10 when Visual Editor crashed on exit.

* Fixed delay with synchronization in OGG Vorbis music file after rewinding on the time-line.

* Fixed old bug when personal music of a slide didn't start, if main playlist is empty and "Repeat music after playing" option is turned off.

* Fixed bug in window of Personal settings of a slide.

* Fixed old memory leaks, if terminate Fade in/out transition effect.

* Fixed sound skips on old PCs (150 - 400 Mhz) when second or later mp3 music file starts.

* Fixed several minor bugs.

+ Improved smoothness of Fade in/out transition effect for first slide with background music.

+ Various minor improvements.

+ Updated Slovak and Ukrainian language files.

Two fixes added in v4.11 earlier:

* Fixed bug of v4.10 when you was not able to set "Time limited usage" option in new presentations.

* Fixed bug of v4.01 and v4.10 only with synchronized presentations which have Startup Window with added "Exit" button. Presentation closes with error, if user choosed "Exit" button in this Startup window. The problem is fixed now.

Èãîðü!

Ñêà÷àë 4.12 âåðñèþ, ïðîâåðèë íà "Ñèïàäàíå" è "Îëüãå Áîðè÷...".

Âñ¸ ðàáîòàåò ïðåêðàñíî, ïðîáëåì ñ .ogg ôàéëàìè íåò.

Óñïåõîâ è õîðîøåãî îòäûõà!

Oleg :blink:

Igor,

I just tried to create a slide show with the new version 4.12, using a .wav file, and PTE won't recognize it. :blink:

When I try to preview the synchronized show from the main window, I receive a message saying the music length is zero.

I created the music file with Adobe "audition", as a ".wav" file, from an original midi file. Operating system Win Me.

Edit: Woops again - wrong wave file. My mistake! :rolleyes:

Probably a good idea, but what, specifically, would you use it for? The trouble with double-click, is that if "click" is also an option, then, since not everyone clicks at the same rate, there could be some ambiguity introduced into the system.

If the intent is to disable "click" in order to indicate that the user is definite about the command, then maybe "double-click" would be useful. But, I can't think of where in a slide show this would be the case.

Myself, I feel that Microsoft gets carried away with "double-clicks", and I would prefer in many cases to have to click only once. You would never use both together, however. :)

I guess that's my point. If you are already using "click" to load a program, you wouldn't want to enable "double-click" as well. If you did, then slow double-clickers would still load the program twice by mistake.

And if you get around this problem by not enabling "click", then there is no need for a "double-click" command - just use "click". B)

I know you have to be careful not to double-click a button now in PTE, but, IMHO, I don't think enabling "double-click" is the answer. I'm sorry, but I stilll don't see the need for it.

Hello swan_atn,

I have to pretty much aggree with Al on this clicking discussion.

Whether Its 1 or 2 clicks ... it still has the potential for problems.

Most Users today are pretty much aquainted to their BROWSER functions ... which is only a 1 Click operation. So I think its a common practice everyone gets use to.

The real issue to address to is restrict/detect muliple clicks and ignore them ... its not going to be resolved by enabling or allowing more clicks.

I made 15 PTE shows (app 70-90 MB each).

Then I created PTE with one slide and 15 thumbails.

Each thubnail loads one of pte show on 'click' event.

Unintentionally 'dblclik' loads two shows (one for each click).

With closing show one remains loaded in background.

Repeat it 5 to 7 times and your computer will crash down.

swan_atn,

As I prevously stated :

The real issue to address to is restrict/detect muliple clicks and ignore them ... its not going to be resolved by enabling or allowing more clicks.

Multiple clicking (whether once or dlbclick) button actions will still promote this problem.

User habits/conditioning are really the controlling factors here. MS conditions a user to click once in some program access situations ... but also conditions them to do dblclick in others. So usually when a user is in doubt of how many clicks to perform .. their reflex is to over click .

Note:

Ever wonder why in your BROWSER window you cannot overclick and get multiple pages ? This is because its designed to detect/ignore over clicking. I think this function is what you really reqiure.

Anton,

I agree with Stu on this. At first, when I read your post, I thought you wanted to use "double-click" for a specific use, coincident with, but different from, a single click.

Stu is right - what is really required is to disable double-clicks, not enable them. :)

My first encounter with this problem was in opening a compiled PTE show from the desktop (this was a problem right in Windows itself, nothing to do with PTE). Since the show didn't open right away, I double-clicked on the icon again, and then wondered why I could hear two copies of the music, one a few milliseconds behind the other, like an echo! :rolleyes:

The first digital AV day I ran, a member brought along a sequence created with PTE. I clicked - nothing happened, so I clicked again. :(

It had a large sound file so I ended up clicking lots of times !!! - then eight versions of the sequence began to run on the screen with a small time delay in between each one. :wub:

Is this a record?

Please no multiple clicks but I do like the disable double-clicks option. :D

Thanks Igor for a super program and all your hard work.

Best wishes

Maureen

building new web site at www.digital-av.co.uk

I think some of members are forgetting that approx a year ago, Igor instituted a bar that would come on the screen when one opened a large program -- and it said the program was loading -- it did not matter how fast or how powerful your system was you would get the loading bar and one would not have to wonder whether the show was loading . When he souped up the music player back a couple months ago, this bar was not necessary as the the show would load almost immediately -- he had changed the code completely.

Now if you never made a show > than 4+- mb you would never see the loading bar -- so if you want to see the loading bar go back to ver 4.0 B)

Igor improved the program as requested by the users -- " Igor --GIVE US SPEED and all the bells and whistles we/you can think of" , now some of the users want to go backwards -- gimme a break ;)

ken

The need to limit multiple running instances of a SHOW has actually been lying around in the suggestion box for quite some time now. I believe the occurance of this issue must have been happening with less frenquency due to Igors later versions implementing better optimization and faster loading of the executable ... therefore many users may not have experienced this issue to comment on it.

swan_atn, just a few questions. Is this a XP optional system setting or what OS do you have ?

I thing function IsAplicationRunning (like in Win) will be the best solution.

If you have this setting enabled ... does it also work within your PTE button actions and not just the executable itself , thus stopping the multiple instances of any file run from the PTE button action ?

I personally believe if you first "nip it in the butt " immediately by ignoring/disabling the multiple clicks ... PTE would not need to go thru the process to detect/stop multiple instances of other files that may get launched from its button actions.

This would take into account any and all files launched within Pte ... and not just pertain to launching the Pte executable itself.

There are too many problems with exceptions if you try to check status. P2E should just launch the specified application on the click and not worry about it. Believe it or not, some people want every click to function without conditions. If the .exe being launched is an older P2E production or other app that starts slowly and without confirmation, then it should be up to the person using it, not Igor, to make provisions to help the viewer. You can use scripts to be absolutely sure of what is happening, if that is important.

We could make a very simple universal utility script for everyone to use, that just immediately tells the person clicking to "please wait..." and starts the slow loading app. But only if Igor will add one very important feature that is on the present PTE wish list: Support passing parameters in all "Run application" boxes. The last time I checked there is no valid syntax to pass a parameter. If we had P2E support for passing parameters then a Run app box entry for slow-loading app's might look like this:

WaitMessage.exe Showxyz.exe

"WaitMessage.exe" is a 40KB universal utility that more than one of us could volunteer to make, that is being used to start slow-to-load Showxyz.exe, while displaying a message box briefly to give the viewer immediate feedback saying "Showxyz is loading - Please wait". The utility does the following:

1. Displays the "Please wait" message

2. Runs Showxyz.exe (this is the parameter from the above P2E "Run app" box entry)

3. Sleeps for 2 seconds to continue message box display

4. Exits

We could enhance the function of this utility by making it check for another instance of itself still running and simply exit. Then for at least two seconds (the message display time if we choose that value) it will be impossible to start Showxyz.exe a second time. Perhaps the utility can have a default of 2 seconds to keep checking for click-happy people, but take in a second, optional parameter - the delay time for continued checking, for when longer click-happy delays are needed. During the entire "checking" time, further clicks are "disabled". The message itself is displayed only two seconds.

This way we can get specific exceptional circumstance function we need without complicating Igor's and P2E's job.