WnSoft Forums

Add a 'GoTo' buttom to find the beginning of

Greetings,

I have made a suggestion in the past to increase the visibility of the thin blue vertical line (in the Timeline) that denotes the beginning of a new music selection. This thin blue vertical line is really hard to find, especially if you have several music selections.

This has not been done (yet) so I have another idea that I think might be even more useful. How about adding a 'GoTo' button in the Timeline that will forward the cursor to the beginning of the next background music selection? I find it very frustrating trying to find that thin blue vertical line when I have many background music files.

Thanks... Gary

Gary,

Several suggestions have been made towards the revision of PTE's audio part (multiple audio tracks with additional features). So, I would not like to see WnSoft wasting time on the present (single) audio channel.

Regards,

Xaver

Gary,

Several suggestions have been made towards the revision of PTE's audio part (multiple audio tracks with additional features). So, I would not like to see WnSoft wasting time on the present (single) audio channel.

Regards,

Xaver

==================

Xaver,

I agree that multiple audio tracks would be a great feature. But whether there is only one audio channel or there are multiple audio channels, I still would like my suggestion to be implemented. I currently have 9 music selections in a slideshow I am working on. It is very time consuming and frustrating trying to find the beginning of each music piece in the Timeline. Being able to have a 'GoTo' button would be very helpful in either case.

Gary

Gary,

In case you have multiple audio tracks you typically place your songs alternately on two parallel tracks. So, the waveforms (sitting on different lines) will immediately show you where the change of music takes place. Would this be a solution for your problem?

Regards,

Xaver

Gary,

In case you have multiple audio tracks you typically place your songs alternately on two parallel tracks. So, the waveforms (sitting on different lines) will immediately show you where the change of music takes place. Would this be a solution for your problem?

Regards,

Xaver

==============

Xaver,

Sure, that would be great. But PTE is not there yet and I don't know exactly how he will do it. But even if he does it as you suggest, I still think it would be a nice feature to be able to 'GoTo' the beginning of each audio track. I am just trying to improve what Igor has given us without asking for a large re-write of the program. Once he gets into multiple audio tracks, etc., that will be a whole new ballgame for others to suggest improvements to those changes. I am just trying to get him to realize that trying to find that thin blue vertical line is not easy.

Gary...

Use Audacity & save yourself a lot of grief.

Yachtsman1

===========

Yachtsman1...

I'm not sure if your response was directed at me. If it was, I don't understand how combining 9 audio tracks into one long track would help me find the beginning of each song while I am in the Timeline. I use Audacity but combining them reduces the flexibility I would want to have during the editing process. I might want to try replacing one audio file with another, until I found the right mix. It would help to be able to find where exactly that one music file is in the Timeline, especially if all the music is quite similar and hard to distinguish between them. I don't think Audacity will help me find the thin blue vertical lines.

Did I miss your point? :huh:

If you were responding to Xaver....my bad...never mind. :rolleyes:

Gary