WnSoft Forums

Bugs with Fonts ?

thedom

I downloaded on dafont.com a new font and installed it : KingThings Christmas : http://www.dafont.com/FR/kingthings-christmas.font

In O/A, I create a text and choose the KingThings Christmas.

I close O/A and the text get back to the default Font Arial.

When I reopen the O/A window, the text of the font is in Arial. But the font parameter is left blank.

I downloaded Aierbazzi font too ( http://www.dafont.com/aierbazzi.font )

Actually, the use of this font is very special: it hads at the same place a new "character" to make a kind of floral bouquet.

In PTE, when I type text, the characters doesn't appear sometimes.

The problem doesn't exist when I use this font in Photoshop.

I am under Vista.

The problem exists with PTE 5.6.4 and PTE 5.7.b8.

If somebody else could make tests and confirm (or not) the problem.

Thanks.

Hi Dom,

I had a look at those Fonts and pushed them through my Font Library and Amp-Font Viewer.

These Fonts are not TTF-Fonts nor Adobe-Helvetica Types but seem to be Bit-Mapped Fonts

more suited to Unix/Linux for use on Apple-Mac Pcs.

They wont work on any Windows-Platform which require (Microsoft-Type) TTF-Printable Fonts and

I'm afraid Vista is no exception. (TTF=True-Type-Fonts).

Even if you acquire and use Adobe OTF Fonts (CS3+S4) these will default to the nearest TTF Font

on any Windows Platform (provided you have something like an OTF nearest match installed).

(As a help) TTF Fonts are vectored fonts which have a known progressive size-matrix depending

on Font point size ~ whereas Bitmapped Fonts have no such structure for re-sizing.

Brian (Conflow).

I looked at the KingThings font on a Win XP machine. It did not work with Office 2003, but it did work with OpenOffice 3.1. In PTE 5.6.4 I had the same problem as described above, but it seems to be possible to rasterize the KingThings text to PNG before closing the O&A window.

Regards,

Xaver