WnSoft Forums

Hawk Method

mightec

Hi

I seem to have lost the ability to use the Hawk Method to transfer a slide from one open PTE project into another open PTE project. Is this the case or have I forgotten how to do it correctly. As I say, I have two projects open and I am trying to copy and paste slides from one to the other. What I can do is go into Objects & Animations and copy the file structure and then paste that into another O&A window in another project.

Hi,

You must not open two instances of PTE! Open Project_1, highlight what you want to copy, and use the Copy Slide function in the slide list. While Project_1 is still open, open Project_2 (e.g. a new one). You will be asked to save Project_1. Use the Paste Slide function in the slide list of Project_2.

Regards,

Xaver

Xaver

Thanks for your help, I most have missed that development, must try to catch up with all the new feature in PTE. Problem is there are so many improvement it is difficult to keep track. Thanks again.

Xaver

Thanks for your help, I most have missed that development, must try to catch up with all the new feature in PTE. Problem is there are so many improvement it is difficult to keep track. Thanks again.

You didn't miss anything!

It is the same as it always was, i.e. select the slides you want to copy then 'RIGHT CLICK' and choose copy. In the slide list of the second project that you open (while Project 1 is still open) 'RIGHT CLICK' and choose paste.

Ron

Regarding Copy and Paste, PTE shows a somewhat inconsistent behaviour. Objects in the O&A window are copied via the Windows clipboard. Hence, they can be copied from one instance of PTE to another. Copy and paste of slides in the slidelist seems to run via an internal clipboard of the running PTE instance with the effect that copying only works in the said (restricted) way (Hawk method). I would like to see an improvement here.

Regards,

Xaver