WnSoft Forums

Beekeeping

LumenLux

Jim - a hearty congratulations on a fine show!

Your input in this forum has been good and I had no reason to doubt your photogrpahic & show making talent. But I was still surprized how enjoyable and informative this show is. For what your show does - I think it is perfect. :)

On a personal note - Just within the last week, a casual beekeeper friend was encouraging me to take up the "hobby". Now in a few minutes with your show, I have a vastly expanded idea of what is involved. So on at least two fronts, I really appreciated your show. Also, your narrator was excellent. Is she a professional voice talent? How serious is the mic/recording equipment used? The sound, like the show, seemed perfect.

Thanks for the comments on the Beekeeping show.

It has more verbage in it than I planned, so I had to add more images (Still a few short I think). I was aiming at a 10 minute show.

The narrator is my wife who, while not a professional voice, does an excellent job. The sound recording is done with an audio-technica MB1000H microphone and my TASCAM tape deck. I then record from the tape deck into the computer. (I need to get a better arrangement so I can record directly to the computer.

The recording is done in the middle of my woodworking workshop, not a sound studio or room.

I then mix the narration and the music in COOL EDIT, but Audacity and Acoustica can do it too.

BTW: There is a down side to the bees. We had a very cold winter early on last year before the snow came to protect the hives. As a result all the bees in these hives died, as did many other hives throughout Ontario, Quebec and likely parts of the US too.

This show, and many others I have, are done in both digital and 35mm as I do not own a digital projector and laptop....yet.

Jim, have you ever been approached by people from the Discovery channel to make motion pictures for them? You and Linda did a superb presentation of John's apiary.

Your beekeeping show is the the best nature documentary slideshow I've ever seen. It was truly a pleasure to watch. And Igor's and WnSoft's work to make all of this possible on a PC was totally transparent, functioning flawlessly with the highest visual and audible quality.

Thank you for sharing it with us :DB)

Bill:

I am blushing with embarrassment. I will pass your compliments along to Linda too !!

The connection from the Discovery channel to here must be broken - no one has called yet :lol::lol:

Thx