WnSoft Forums

remind pointer position

Dear Sir,

There are many suggestions to ameliorate PTE. It's fantastic that so many people

present their ideas. I understand that PTE should be kept a sweet software and

don't become user unfriendly.

But here IMHO I come with simple proposal with an positive impact.

Now the pointer (blue triangle in the O&A window timeline) follows like expected, no problem.

It changes its position also when you change from object inside one slide, e.g.

from a photograph to text. It joins a current action point.

It should be very very helpfull if the last preceding position of the pointer

sticking to an action point, keeps visible and acts like a snap point cfr. the pointer itself.

It should be easier to positioning action points of different objects inside one slide.

(As alternative, a shortcut to memorise the pointer position should also be fantastic!)

I hope many people react affirmative about this proposal.

Best regards,

I like PictureToExe and I like the forum!

... It (the blue cursor) changes its position also when you change from object inside one slide, e.g.

from a photograph to text. It joins a current action point ....

My experience is that the cursor does not change its position if you highlight another object.

Regards,

Xaver

My experience is that the cursor does not change its position if you highlight another object.

Regards,

Xaver

I agree with you. I mend the repositioning of the pointer when you hit an action point.

When I switch from one object to another an hit an action point, then the pointer reacts and I lose the old position

of the pointer.

So, my proposal could be: When you hit an action point by holding e.g. the controlkey

the pointer doesn't react and remains upon his place until you move the action point. So you have the possibility

to positioning the action point to that place of the pointer. Now it's impossible because

the pointer joins the action point when you hit it.

What should be new: Hold down the mouse button together with the Ctrl-key, allows to move the action point

while the pointer stays on its place.

Best regards,

• 3 weeks later...

Ferrolux,

I think I see what you mean and why you need it but in my opinion, your proposition seems a little bit complex to use.

What do you think of the following suggestion (2 clicks needed) :

give the ability to the user to copy the different sections (=all the keypoints) of an object and paste them to an other object.

Of course the PZR parameters of each keypoint would not be copied, only the time intervals between each keypoint and the speed options.

What do you think ?

• 2 weeks later...

Ferrolux,

I think I see what you mean and why you need it but in my opinion, your proposition seems a little bit complex to use.

What do you think of the following suggestion (2 clicks needed) :

give the ability to the user to copy the different sections (=all the keypoints) of an object and paste them to an other object.

Of course the PZR parameters of each keypoint would not be copied, only the time intervals between each keypoint and the speed options.

What do you think ?

OK , seems a good way. Nevertheless building up some complex animations ask

a precise sequence of inserting action points.

But your point of view is interesting. I would replace "copy" in your proposal

by "make visible". All points of one object visible (e.g. semi transparent) during

building up the animation of another object.

Best regards,