WnSoft Forums

Gateway to Australia

Here is a chance for a you to get your own back rolleyes.gif

The sequence I have posted at the link below is really an excuse to show a few images of the place I now live. There really isn't much of a theme, it's just the local area that is so different from what I have been used to in the UK for almost 59 years.

The sequence has been made at 1920*1200, but I hope it plays well on other monitor resolutions too. It's not a huge file, about 17mb

http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/slideshow/Gateway_to_Australia.zip

By the way, this is a first draft, I finished the show this afternoon and I usually play a new show a number of times before I show anyone. I feel that if you can watch your show every day for a week without wanting to make a change, you probably have it about right, but what the hell, here it is.

Barry,

You do such nice work -- very professional. It's great to see good shows on a big screen too, so I appreciate you giving us lots of pixels. I liked the "no particular theme" approach for a change. I felt like I was down under just looking around, doing a little exploring. It must be very exciting living and exploring in a new place. Also, I liked the fonts used in the title pictures. Where do you get them? Are they available commercially through you?

Just wanted to let you know that your work continues to inspire me.

Regards,

Dave

Barry, what is there to say. Your slide show is good, very good and an inspiration to the rest of us.

It was not really what I expected Australia to be like, I had an image in my head, of bland desert landscapes with

kangaroos and insects all over the place. How wrong I was eh! The place is beautiful and you have captured

it so very well (but then I guess you have an advantage with a IDs Mark III round your neck)

Thankyou for sharing such excellent images with us.

Ron West

Hi Barry

Yes excellent slideshow, great sharp crystal clear images, with plenty of impact. I like some of the transitions, with the clouds showing over the trees, got me thinking ‘how did he do that one?’

Thanks for sharing it with us

Regards

Dave

I am not sure where that font came from, but it's called Eras Light ITC. When I do need a font for a particular job, I usually go to this web site http://www.downloadfreefonts.com/fontfiles/bfonts.htm I probably picked that one up there ages ago, but if you can't find it I can always send it to you, they are free after all. I suppose what we have been doing these past few months is just what you said, exploring and looking around, so I have ended up with a lot of images, but nothing much to do with them.

Ron

I think your perception of Australia is probably what most people think and in places your mental image is probably right, but we havn't ventured out into those places yet. Queensland is sub-tropical, so from what we have seen so far it is lush and green. The wet season is summertime when the heat makes the weather more volatile and the dry season is winter when the weather is more settled.

I guess you have an advantage with a IDs Mark III round your neckbut then I guess you have an advantage with a IDs Mark III round your neck

Shame on you, does the photographer get no credit for the images, or is it just the camera. I didn't send the camera out on it's own with a list of pictures to capture !rolleyes.gif Not forgetting all that dicking around I do in Photoshop mad.gif That's cheating really and ought to be banned tongue.gif

Moreturn

That is the third image that AV enthusiasts search for. When I see a nice one I help it along with.........hang on I need to whisper this .....................Photoshop

Has anyone with a Mac computer tried this slide show yet?

You can download it from the page below and its called Gateway to Australia

http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/freestuffdigslidesw4.htm

The first person to do so on my own site reports that all he gets is a white screen. It would be helpful to get that confirmed

Ron

I guess you have an advantage with a IDs Mark III round your neckbut then I guess you have an advantage with a IDs Mark III round your neck

Shame on you, does the photographer get no credit for the images, or is it just the camera.

Just pulling your leg, Of course the photographer gets ALL of the credit.

Ron

Here is a chance for a you to get your own back rolleyes.gif

The sequence I have posted at the link below is really an excuse to show a few images of the place I now live. There really isn't much of a theme, it's just the local area that is so different from what I have been used to in the UK for almost 59 years.

The sequence has been made at 1920*1200, but I hope it plays well on other monitor resolutions too. It's not a huge file, about 17mb

http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/slideshow/Gateway_to_Australia.zip

By the way, this is a first draft, I finished the show this afternoon and I usually play a new show a number of times before I show anyone. I feel that if you can watch your show every day for a week without wanting to make a change, you probably have it about right, but what the hell, here it is.

Barry, excellent show, great photos, and looks like a wonderful place to live.

I think, in my next life, that's where I want to live.

Best regards, Gayland