WnSoft Forums

Autorun

DELSUPSERVE

I am new to PTE. I have just made my first slide show on XP it does not autorun but displays a box that i have named for my show. When I click on the box the PTE interface is displayed with all the photos in the show displayed. Ican run the show from here but my pictures will be accesable to potential customers. I have created a new document in Wordpad as per FAQ in the Hep menu but this does not work. Also when I tried the disk on my other computer whichis running Windows 98 after I eventualy get it open it informs me that I am using an unregistered version of PTE. Having read some of the Forum Post there is a lot of people out there that know how to use this programe properl. Iwould gratefull if anybody could help please. FRUSTRATED.

When I click on the box the PTE interface is displayed with all the photos in the show displayed.

Hi, Delsupserve,

Welcome to the forum! Don't hesitate to keep posting until you get a satisfactory answer, as there are a lot of people here who can help.

It sounds like you are saving the ".pte" file to disk. You must save the compiled ".exe" file that you get when you select "File / Create slideshow as ..." and reference that in your "inf" file.

Welcome, DELSUPSERVE

Sorry to here of your first experience with PTE is a bit frustrating.

Have you taken time to read all of PTEs Help and Faqs documentation ?

I dont quite understand this comment :

I have just made my first slide show on XP it does not autorun but displays a box that i have named for my show.

Are you saying you have created a START-UP window thru PTEs check box option to use a customized start-up window? If so ... it will not autorun past the START-UP window till you click the button. You have to disable the START-UP customization window to have your Show continually run thru its course.

And this comment :

Ican run the show from here but my pictures will be accesable to potential customers.

Are you running the Show executable (.exe) you created or the .pte file you used to create the Show executable ? The only way a user can see and access your PTE files and pictures ... is if your running the .pte file and supplied and burned all your relative PTE program files to the CD? You need only to create a exe of your Show and distribute it ... nothing else is required.

Lets begin there ... and then continue