WnSoft Forums

Emergency Call - SD Card Error ?? !

RWMesser

Dear Photographers everywhere,

I am in a bad situation and write this topic here, because evtl. someone of you experienced the same effect.

Last 2 weeks I have been taking pictures with my Panasonic Lumix FZ50, quite a good average camera, that never made any problems.

I used a Fuji 2 GB SD Card to store, and all was fine, all fotos visible, but after 200 fotos, tha camera announced a card error and proposed formating. I didn´t do it, of course and used another card, all worked again...

The concerned card I tested at home on PC, but also there I got the message "not formated".

Can I get and save my fotos somehow evtl. with a specific tool in Windows ? ...despite the format problem ?

Thanks for any hint...

Reinhard

Dear Photographers everywhere,

I am in a bad situation and write this topic here, because evtl. someone of you experienced the same effect.

Last 2 weeks I have been taking pictures with my Panasonic Lumix FZ50, quite a good average camera, that never made any problems.

I used a Fuji 2 GB SD Card to store, and all was fine, all fotos visible, but after 200 fotos, tha camera announced a card error and proposed formating. I didn´t do it, of course and used another card, all worked again...

The concerned card I tested at home on PC, but also there I got the message "not formated".

Can I get and save my fotos somehow evtl. with a specific tool in Windows ? ...despite the format problem ?

Thanks for any hint...

Reinhard

MAYBE TRY A WINDOWS "SCANDISK" to resolve

put it in a card reader to do the operation

if it works get picts off asap and not use card for important things

ken

Thanks to all of you,

I could solve the problem, within one night of painfull looking and watching. The rescue scope was not 200 but 351 fotos sucessfully saved.

Apparently it was a simple bit confusion in the directory sectors.

In case you encounter similar problems. Now my recommendation:

First I tried two freewares (CONVAR PC Inspector File Recovery and PC Inspector Smart recovery). Only the latter one managed to filter out 176 JPGs correctly.

Then I tried the same with Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery, that you can download simply, but after the recovery you have to pay the price (39 $) if you want to save the files on your disc. I did it and got back 351 JPGs correctly saved.

Then I was curious to check the info of the response below and found Z4 Zero Assumption Recovery (Freeware, no cost)- and it did exactly the same and needed even a little less time for the 351 JPGs.

It was worth while having this effort. I got back some of my nicest pictures of Scotland including my collected HDR series.

Thanks again.

Reinhard

Thanks to all of you,

I could solve the problem, within one night of painfull looking and watching. The rescue scope was not 200 but 351 fotos sucessfully saved.

First I tried two freewares (CONVAR PC Inspector File Recovery and PC Inspector Smart recovery). Only the latter one managed to filter out 176 JPGs correctly.

Then I tried the same with Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery, that you can download simply, but after the recovery you have to pay the price (39 $) if you want to save the files on your disc. I did it and got back 351 JPGs correctly saved.

Then I was curious to check the info of the response below and found Z4 Zero Assumption Recovery (Freeware, no cost)- and it did exactly the same and needed even a little less time for the 351 JPGs.

It was worth while having this effort. I got back some of my nicest pictures of Scotland including my collected HDR series.

Thanks again.

Reinhard

Reinhard

Is this the piece you used?

http://www.z-a-recovery.com/digital-image-recovery.htm

ken

Thanks to all of you,

Thanks again.

Reinhard