WnSoft Forums

XP vs Vista vs Windows 7

davegee

Has anyone here had the experience of having to upgrade any particular piece of software because the version that they have been using on XP machines will not run on Vista?

How big a problem is it and more to the point, how big a problem is it likely to be when Windows 7 fully takes over?

For instance, I was using Perfect Disc 7 on my XP machine (I still am) and when I tried to install on my Vista laptop I found that I had to upgrade to a newer version (at a cost).

DG

Dave,

When I bought a Vista-based laptop a couple of years ago I set about transferring all my software products across on to it. Speaking from memory there were only two that gave me any problems. Adobe Photoshop Elements v3 wouldn't pass Vista's compatability checks and Vista refused to even attempt the install. And my ageing PDA had to be abandoned because its operating system was too far back-level to be compatible with the Vista drivers. (This was no great loss since I had previously been using it primarily in connection with my employment as an IT Project manager. After being made redundant that use of it ceased).

I bought a copy of Adobe Photoshop Elements v5 (which I have since upgraded to v7) and have had no major problems since.

regards,

Peter

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I also had a problem when I purchased a Vista Laptop it refused to load 3 of my programs, the Vista was loaded

with McAfee virus Program I had problems with this software once befor so I removed it and loaded AVG

Problem solved, Have had no problems since.

All the Best Ray