WnSoft Forums

[FORUM] Bug with "View New Content" ?

fh1805

Igor,

I think we might have a new bug in the forum software. I have received e-mail alerts to the presence of a new post under this topic twice this morning. One in respect of Henri's post and one in respect of your last post above. On both occasions when I went into the PTE forum and asked to View New Content this poll did not appear in the list of topics with new content.

regards,

Peter

Note : this topic = Igor's poll about hardware acceleration

The recent upgrade to v3.0.3 of the forum software seems to have solved this problem. I have just received three e-mails about posts into the Poll topic (ronniebootwest, xahu34 and bwat) and on logging into the forum and asking to View New Content the Poll topic appeared in the list.

regards,

Peter

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the problem hasn't gone away.

This morning I powered up my PC and went into Outlook to pick up my e-mails. There were three from the forum advising me of new posts (2 in the "Flip Swap" topic and one in the "Slow Folders" topic).

After dealing with the other e-mails I then went into the forum and asked it to "View New Content". Neither of the topics appeared in the list of those with new content.

Am I the only user experiencing this problem?

regards,

Peter

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the problem hasn't gone away.

This morning I powered up my PC and went into Outlook to pick up my e-mails. There were three from the forum advising me of new posts (2 in the "Flip Swap" topic and one in the "Slow Folders" topic).

After dealing with the other e-mails I then went into the forum and asked it to "View New Content". Neither of the topics appeared in the list of those with new content.

Am I the only user experiencing this problem?

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

I don't use that feature but I tried it for the first time after reading your post this morning.

Everything seems to be there as expected.

If you repeat what you have done and what has not happened step by step I'll try the same procedure and report back.

DG

Dave,

Thanks for the offer of assistance with debugging this issue.

My Settings are as in the two attached screen grabs. (I don't rule out the possibility of it being related to one or more of these settings)

What happens is that I reply to an existing topic. That causes the forum to flag it as one that I am watching. When someone else posts to that topic I get an e-mail alerting me to the new post. When I then connect to the forum and click on View New Content usually I see that topic listed as having new content but just occasionally the topic doesn't appear in the list at all.

At first I thought it was a problem just with the Hardware Acceleration Poll topic that Igor set up. I was suspecting that the poll topic was being handled differently to a normal topic. After the forum software was upgraded to v3.0.3 the problem seemed to vanish and new posts to that poll topic were appearing under View New Content. But this morning, as I reported above, it happened again on two other normal topics.

I'm going to be out of the house for the next two or three hours so there will be a delay before I connect to the forum again.

regards,

Peter

post-4886-125360741831_thumb.jpgpost-4886-125360743897_thumb.jpg

Dave,

Up at the very top of the window for this topic, over on the right are three buttons. Two are "Add Reply" and "Start a New Topic" what is the third on your system? On mine it is "Watch this topic" which means that it thinks I am not watching it at present. But I have posted a reply to it (above) and so it should think I am watching it.

After sending this post to you, I'll exit the forum and come back in and check to see what it then says (after I have made this post)

regards,

Peter