Underlined

Web link

www.test.com

Support@Wnsoft.com

Testing "Quote"

Code test

• List test
  • Item 1

Everything worked for me just now. I'm not sure what can cause those buttons to fail. Perhaps clearing the Internet cache is worth a try in case there is bad script or other info. Don't clear cookies though!

I just noticed another forum entry that you made:

Now I just hope David that you get these messages and let us know what helps. That is how we all learn - even from a PTE beginner.

I don't know how it happened, but the "/" character is in the first bracketed "I" when it is supposed to be in the second. That will cause italics or anything else to not function correctly.

BOLD

italic

underline

italic underlined

Working on your idea Bill, I think the above is ok except for the "underline" test. Apparently the problem comes as follows: If the ending code is intentionally erased by the delete key, then when the next code button is pushed it inserts the deleted code instead of the code from the desired button! :(

I pushed the "bold" start button. Now I pushed the "bold" end button. now I pushed the button again intending for it to be the proper end. It appears that it inserted instead a new start code. Now at end of this sentence I will push the end button and see what we get.

Maybe the safer conclusion is: if you insert a code and then delete it, you may end up with erratic behaviour. I know you know some of this stuff inside and out, so maybe you can firm this up a bit. Not too important, just frustrating on occasion. I had noted some "strange" behavior on earlier ocassions, but had never bothered to question it.

Good - that explains some unexpected operation. There is one thing I found that may help. An open "tag" is denoted by an asterisk on the button after first pressed. That Close all Tags command to the right of the COLOR menu will add the closing tag text to each open tag, in all cases at the end of all text entered so far. So at least you can press that when there is any asterisked button that you don't expect.

The general rule is that the forward slash goes in the trailing tag. You can look for pairing to figure out why "Preview Post" shows unexpected results.

I have a tip that you may find handy if you haven't already found it: If you have a letter, word, phrase, sentence or paragraph etc. that you decide to make bold, or underscore, or italicize or

, or change FONT, or SIZE. or COLOR etc. just select all of that text by left mouse click-drag-let-go operation between start and end of text. Then click the B, I, U,
, etc. button and instantly your text will be surrounded with the tags in correct syntax. This method avoids wiped out tag problems fairly well. Once text is highlighted just be sure to stay away from the Backspace key, since many have found that it deletes all selected text! But if you goof don't worry. Just right mouse click in the text window where you are entering text and select Undo. The text is restored where it was deleted.

Thank you Bill. The highlight and then tag method would seem to be easier from the start. I thought I tried that a long time ago without success. So thanks for bringing it in here.

Now - it did not seem to work. With desired text highlighted, I pushed the Italic button. It set only the begin italic tag, and that was at the end of all existing text, not at the beginning or end of the highlighted text!? Am I still missing something?

peruface.jpg

Now I have tried the IMG tag to see if that works for me.

I think it's always better to verify the inserted tags, and manually correct them if they are wrong. Personally I often prefer to insert manually some tags, like we did in older forum.

Bob,

give a look to your post in "Nerja..." topic. I've just manually adjusted the tags.