WnSoft Forums

V6.0 beta18 : Absolute keyframe time

Kalain

Hi,

I'm not clear either. On the timeline printed on any Keyframe itself is the absolute time relative to the zero start point of slide one. On the little square marked "keyframe time" found when the Animation tab is selected, is the time relative to the start of the presently selected slide in 1/1000th's of a second. So you have visible at any time both the time relative to the beginning of your slideshow and the time relative to the beginning of the presently selected slide.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi,

I'm not clear either. On the timeline printed on any Keyframe itself is the absolute time relative to the zero start point of slide one. On the little square marked "keyframe time" found when the Animation tab is selected, is the time relative to the start of the presently selected slide in 1/1000th's of a second. So you have visible at any time both the time relative to the beginning of your slideshow and the time relative to the beginning of the presently selected slide.

Best regards,

Lin

Lets say on a frame starting at 00:18:750

A keypoint 1 at 00:22:530

Now, if I want to add a keypoint 2.5 sec before keypoint 1, which is 22.53 - 2.5 = 20.03 sec. (absolute time)

I agree, it's easy to do this with mouse but if I want to do this with "key frame time" field available on Animation tab, I have to make another calculation because this field is in relative time. (from begining of the slide)

well, I have to calculate 20.03 - 18.750 = 1.28 sec. (which is not so easy to do by mind.) and set this time in "keyframe time" field.

with a "keyframe absolute time" field, I would enter inside 20.03.

Also, as keypoints time is displayed in absolute time, I missed an absolute setting field time rather than relative time.

It's a bit like if keypoint characteristics was given in centimeters and "keyframe time" field wanted inches values. You can manage with both scales but it's easier to use only one.

PS : In general way, in the software, setting keypoint time values is not designed to be done through keyboard, only by mouse.

May be I'm the only one which want to do this through keyboard.

Kalain, OK, I undestand and I completely agree with you.

Actually, if I had to make a choice between relative and absolute time of keypoints in O/A, I would find more handy for me to leave only relative time value.

Thank you for posting this suggestion.