WnSoft Forums

MAC EXECUTABLE FILE

orizaba

Dear fellows,

Just finished my first project using "new" PTE DELUXE 6.0 BETA 20. Excellent!

I have a blog and I use to put my videos and PTE slideshows in my blog, either running as AVI converted to MP4 files, or inviting people to download PTE EXECUTABLE files (which I previously upload to my server). I am used to do this only for PC users.

Now, there is the possibility of MAC users run MAC EXECUTABLE files.

Ok, I created it.

But, instead of a simple and single file for me to upload (and viewers to download), as is the case for PC users, I got a folder with 2 folders inside, besides 2 more files.

Folder "MacOS": containing "launcher"

Folder "Resources": containing "English.proj" folder and "Viewer.app" folder, and "slideshow.dat" and "slideshow.icns" files.

Inside folder "Viewer.app" there is "Contents" folder, and this contains more folders... Well, you know!

My question is: what must I upload to server, and what must I tell my viewers to download? Is it as easy as for PC users?

Another point: Sometime ago I remember that PTE was making first attempts to allow MAC users have access to PTE EXECUTABLE FILES, but it was not so sure that everybody could get good and reliable results. With this version 6.0 BETA 20 is it final concerning this subject? Every MAC user can rely on this possibility?

I thank you very much for your help on this.

José

Hi José,

Just a little more beside what Tom explained. If you use the create in zip for the Mac, the Mac user will unzip and they will only see a single icon even though there are a number of folders and files. When they click the icon the slideshow will play. It confused me as well when I first saw all the folders and files, but everything works perfectly for those with Intel based MacIntosh computers running OS 10.4 or better. The zip is by far the easiest way to distribute to a Mac user. It is indeed as easy as for a PC user because the Mac user only sees an Icon which when clicked will play the slideshow.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Tom and Lin,

Thanks four your help and clear (as usual...) explanations. I already created MacZip and hope everything runs well.

By the way: concerning this last project of mine, I think I have a problem with "anti-shimmering" factor, because I used it in several slides with "heavy" pans ans zooms, and "anti-shimmering" result is not enough. Is this normal? Does it have only a limited effect, not 100%?

Besides this, please let me know: is it impossible to apply "anti-shimmering" to masked objects?

Concerning masked objects: is it impossible to apply "shadow"? I had to solve this by means of a complicated process...

Please, kindly have a look on this project of mine, and let me know your advice for better results. It is 08:54,413 with 117 MB.

http://tempodeolhar.com/AveiroPC.exe

http://tempodeolhar.com/AveiroMACzip.zip

Thanks again and best regards,

José

Hi Tom and Lin,

Thanks four your help and clear (as usual...) explanations. I already created MacZip and hope everything runs well.

By the way: concerning this last project of mine, I think I have a problem with "anti-shimmering" factor, because I used it in several slides with "heavy" pans ans zooms, and "anti-shimmering" result is not enough. Is this normal? Does it have only a limited effect, not 100%?

Besides this, please let me know: is it impossible to apply "anti-shimmering" to masked objects?

Concerning masked objects: is it impossible to apply "shadow"? I had to solve this by means of a complicated process...

Please, kindly have a look on this project of mine, and let me know your advice for better results. It is 08:54,413 with 117 MB.

http://tempodeolhar.com/AveiroPC.exe

http://tempodeolhar.com/AveiroMACzip.zip

Thanks again and best regards,

José

CORRECTION: MAC address is "http://tempodeolhar.com/AveiroMACzip.zip"

I've tried running a couple of pte.app shows on my Imac OS 10.6.1 and both have completely locked the system - dark blue screen, no keyboard input. I've had to hard boot the machine both times.

Rob Smith, please check your private messages.

Some more information is required about the problem you've described.

Rob Smith, please check your private messages.

Some more information is required about the problem you've described.

Private message replied to - it was one of Barry Beckham's slideshow that I was running - I've not tried PTE 6.0 myself yet.

Mac is fully up to date with all patches BTW.

Thanks for the quick response.

Robert

Robert,

Mac is fully up to date with all patches BTW.

Thanks for the quick response.

Robert

Tell us some details about your MAC.

System Requirements as stated in the User Manual:

For Mac

Mac computer with Intel processor (Power PC is not supported). Mac OSX v10.4 or later, 512 MB RAM, 128MB video memory.

Rob,

If you have installed Snow Leopard that may be the cause of your problem. Perhaps Igor or Dmitry could confirm if this is likely?

It would also be helpful if any Mac users who have installed Snow Leopard could say if they have been able to run their shows or not.

Snow Leopard does seem to create quite a few problems with certain software. I have been told by Adobe that they recommend complete clean re-installation from original discs for their software after installing SL. Check around other forums before you decide to install SL if you have not already done so.

Kind regards

Peter