WnSoft Forums

copying Objects & Animations

standingstones

I need to be able to copy various things from one slide to another - actually for pretty much every slide in the show to have similar aspects, but I can't see how to copy. For instance, in Objects and Animations, I'll size the slide a custom way and have the shadow custom, etc. Also I put an added image on each slide. How do I copy all this from one slide to the next? And/or how do I do this for an entire show? Please don't tell me I have to do this one by one and for every slideshow. If that's the case, this is a HUGE time-waster for me.

Carolyn

Carolyn,

If I understand what you are trying to do, I can tell you how I do it. I can highlight the text and/or images using the Ctrl+mouse clicks, then do the standard Windows Ctrl + C(copy). Then go to the first slide you want to paste the group of text and/or images and do a Ctrl V to paste (just make sure nothing is highlighted; normally the default will have the main image highlighted--Igor might change this. Just click in the empty frame area to unhighlight anything before you paste).

Then, just click on the little horizontal arrow in the upper right hand corner while you are in O&A to go to the next slide and (unhighlight anything first) and hit the Ctrl V again. Go to the next one, same thing. It really goes pretty quickly.

Hope this helps...

Gary

=========================

I need to be able to copy various things from one slide to another - actually for pretty much every slide in the show to have similar aspects, but I can't see how to copy. For instance, in Objects and Animations, I'll size the slide a custom way and have the shadow custom, etc. Also I put an added image on each slide. How do I copy all this from one slide to the next? And/or how do I do this for an entire show? Please don't tell me I have to do this one by one and for every slideshow. If that's the case, this is a HUGE time-waster for me.

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,

There is no universal copy/paste to all slides feature, actually that is not something most would use because each slide may be quite different.

Perhaps the easiest way to do what you want is to simply place a single slide into the slideshow and make all your custom shadows, etc., add your image then save the show. Re-open and copy paste the original slide as many times as you intend to have new slides in your show. If your slideshow consists of 30 slides, just copy/paste the original 30 times. Once you have done this, then just use the "Change Image File" to replace the second through nth slide with the one you want in the sequence. The shadows, and added slide, etc., will then appear exactly as in the first slide for all subsequent slides.

Best regards,

Lin

• 6 years later...

Update:

In the Current version of PicturesToExe the repetitive work required to achieve the effect required here can be easily achieved by use of Styles. Set up the first slide to your requirements and (using the Deluxe Version) you can create a Style from it and apply to all other slides/images as required.

DG

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Carolyn.

There are a few basic actions you can carry out to multiple slides in one hit. Say you have a string of 50 slides & you want to change the times, go to the last slide in the string, highlight it, go to the first slide, hold down the shift key & hit the first slide. They should all be highlighted now. Go to slide options, & tick the slide duration box, change to the time you want, & hit the OK button, BINGO they should all have the same new time. This doesn't work with complex stuff but, it may when 9 appears.

Yachtsman1.

c1.jpg

57 minutes ago, davegee said:

Update:

In the Current version of PicturesToExe the repetitive work required to achieve the effect required here can be easily achieved by use of Styles. Set up the first slide to your requirements, create a Style from it and apply to all other slides/images as required.

DG

Dave,

Just a comment ...It would also be helpful to Users to notate the differences of the Deluxe vs Essentials editions of PTE. Some Style features are limited on the Essentials edition and may not be applicable.

Compare Editions - PicturesToExe

http://www.wnsoft.com/picturestoexe/compare/

styles_compare.jpg