WnSoft Forums

making templates

flynnboy

Hi Brian,

I assume you mean a template in the sense of being able to simply change file names so others can use your creation rather than the "template" feature of PTE which gathers files into a single location?

If so, it's fairly straight-forward. Give your file names a very generic name such as image001.jpg, image002.jpg, etc. Then after you have finished your project, others simply rename their own images to the same names and replace your files with their own. They do this by copying their own renamed file into the folder containing your own PTE project overwriting your original files.

You only need to tell the user whether the images are in portrait or landscape format and what the aspect ratio of the originals were. For example, if you create a 16:9 aspect ratio photo, then a user of your template must also either crop their own to that aspect ratio or use images having a 16:9 aspect ratio. If you use 3:2 (typical dSLR photo) then you need to inform the user accordingly, etc.

It's really fairly simple - just be certain to use generic file names and use meaningful names for objects which identify their purpose to the user.

Best regards,

Lin

HI all ,looking for someone to show and help me make templates , been here for years but still a newbe , any help welcome

Brian t

Brian,

I think Lin told you everything you need.

The only advice I can give you is to actually use different names for your images for each template.

Because if you merge several templates with same name for different images, you won't be allowed to use the "backup in zip" feature.

Here is what I think is the more appropriate :

Template called "tpl1" => name of images : tpl1-pic01, tpl1-pic02, etc...

Template called "tpl2" => name of images : tpl2-pic01, tpl2-pic02, etc...

I hope to see your creations soon. :)

• 8 months later...

Thanks lin and thedom for the information about making template I was looking for it.

But now how do you merge two or more different templates into one project. I am trying to do an introduction and an ending template and another one that goes in between. The middle one is just a basic sequence and transitions but the introduction is short but more complicated with animation and at least 7 to 10 images layered in one slide. I was wondering what's the easiest ways to accomplish what I want so I could quickly make slideshows without having to repeat the process with project individually.

Now I understand how to make a template what I don't understand is how to merge them together. And then do it all over again for a new project ..

I am using PTE deluxe 6.5 beta 11

Thanks in advance.

Brian,

The explanation for copying slides from one sequence to another is here in the FAQ section of the forum: http://www.picturest...showtopic=10516

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter, I am not Brian but I have been called many different names before, but never Brian!!;) Usually they call me Mac or short ...

I looked at the link can wrap my head around how to do it right at the moment, but it seems to be what I'm looking for I just have to try it. :D

Best regard, Mac

Mac,

Sorry, I hadn't spotted that you were not the original poster (Brian Tosh). I should know better than to reply to posts on the forum after a couple of glasses of red wine!

regards,

Peter

Peter, no problem at all thanks again for the reply .. once I'm done I'll try to post the sequence I'm trying to do.

Best regards, Mac