WnSoft Forums

Clip art music

Justinr

Justin

use the forum search - there have some mentioned recently but think you are going to have to pay

also

i dont think the gobblins stole googleblink.gif

ken

I've tried Google and indeed there was plenty around but I wondered if there were any recommendations of handy sites that gave a good range presented in a convenient manner. Word of mouth is often quicker and easier than trawling through long lists and I'd be as happy to help anyone else with a similar query if I felt I could.

I'll try the search, I did flick briefly through some past postings but didn't see anything immediate.

Justin.

p.s. I do wonder at times though whether it would be such a bad thing if the Goblins did gobble up Google, but that's another debate altogether! :)

• 1 month later...

Try here Justin http://www.freeplaymusic.com/

Yachtsman1

Regarding freeplaymusic (FPM) you should be careful. Music from FPM isn't that free: Look at the Terms of Use, and the Rate Card at FPM!

Only recently I asked for the conditions for using an FPM title in a slide show being presented during the annual exhibition of an amateur photo club (absolutely non-profit). Here is the answer form julie@freeplaymusic.com:

"Using Freeplay Music, as mentioned, requires a paid license to be secured with us. Our standard rates for non-broadcast multimedia (live presentation) use are $50 for one-time use, $125 for 6 months of use and $250 for one year of unlimited use."

The use of FPM titles on private home pages isn't free, either!

Regards,

Xaver

Justin

There some sources of free music, but generally speaking its not going to be that good is it. If it were good, it would sell and not have to be free. Pay a little and get something worthwhile for your project. Sometimes what you have to pay can be as little as $5 Australian. Hardly going to break the bank and the music is good.

Have a look here

http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/royaltyfreemusic_new.htm

Justin

There some sources of free music, but generally speaking its not going to be that good is it. If it were good, it would sell and not have to be free. Pay a little and get something worthwhile for your project. Sometimes what you have to pay can be as little as $5 Australian. Hardly going to break the bank and the music is good.

Have a look here

http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/royaltyfreemusic_new.htm

There is a lot to be said for that. I've been casting around and a lot of the stuff that is free, is free for a very good reason as you say. My original post was based on the fear that getting involved in licensing agreements could be complicated way of signing an open cheque but this may not be the monster that I presumed after all.

Thanks for the links, I'll have a look round.

Justin.