WnSoft Forums

An African Eco Lodge

colin hill

Hi all,

In August this year, we flew from our home city of Durban to Johannesburg to visit friends and stayed at an eco lodge just outside of the city.

The lodge was luxurious and lived up to its 4 star status. The lodge is situated in a game reserve and it was hard to believe that we were only a half hours drive from the bustling city of Johannesburg.

I hope you enjoy this AV of the lodge.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zvlzn2onzcn

Colin

Hi Colin,

Thanks for taking the trouble to condense. I enjoyed it. Most interesting architecture.

How did you condense - resize each image or save with lower quality? Music mpeg? Last question, do you think you lost much with condensing?

Regards, Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I resized my pictures by using Microsoft Office Picture Manager. This reduced them from average of 2,8mb down to +/- 380kb without losing any quality. The music is MP3. I projected my original on my second screen and opened up a new project on my main screen. I was then able to work from both screens "copying" my new project. This took a total of about 30mins. I did change my text in the version you saw...the only change I made. Thank you for the comments.

Regards, Colin

Hi Jeff,

I resized my pictures by using Microsoft Office Picture Manager. This reduced them from average of 2,8mb down to +/- 380kb without losing any quality. The music is MP3. I projected my original on my second screen and opened up a new project on my main screen. I was then able to work from both screens "copying" my new project. This took a total of about 30mins. I did change my text in the version you saw...the only change I made. Thank you for the comments.

Regards, Colin

Hi Colin:

2.8mb sounds as though the images were straight out of the camera. PTE can handle that most times (unless doing a lot of animation etc), but as you found out the issue is with sharing your show. The file just gets too big. We all have different rules, but I use images at about 500kb, lots of folks use smaller ones.

Not sure if your Microsft Office Picture Manager would have allowed you to re-size the images in the same folder keeping the same name. If it does next time you won't need to copy the show. So long as the file names don't change PTE will just go with the files as reduced.

You might want to do a zip back-up before doing that just in case the names somehow do get changed.

Just a thought

Hi Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my reply. The pictures I will be using for my AV I copy to a named folder and re-size them using Microsofy Office Picture Manager. The pictures keep the same name, which is fine. I then open up that folder in PTE and use them in their reduced size. In this instance, I opened up the folder where, yes they were direct from my digital camera, and re-sized them. I was then able to reproduce my AV with the re-sized pictures,reducing the exe file from about 71MB to 13,7MB. My original AV show was produced from pictures direct from camera.

Best regards,

Colin

Colin,

Having now watched both versions a couple of times each, I find the smaller EXE file seems to me to have less definition and fine detail in the images. How much of this is real and how much comes about because I know it is of a lower quality - and therefore am conditioned to expect it to be of lower quality - I just do not know.

I love the choice of music ("Can you feel the love tonight" from Disney's "The Lion King" - perfect!). Your images remind me of the architecture I encountered at some of the Zimbabwean and Botswanan National Parks when I visited those in the early 1990s.

Thanks for sharing.

regards,

Peter